Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Any Idiot Can See It !

Something of a <rant>

I was bouncing around the Google news feeds and looking at some comments after an editorial supporting the new attempt at a Washington State "Assault Weapon Ban" and I just latched onto a comment made by one of the antis:

"Any idiot can see that easy gun accessibility is the common link in all our recent attacks on our police."
    You know, he's right! That's exactly what an idiot sees.

The gun, the gun, the gun.
    That's all that those with an 'anti' mindset see or read and the other aspects of the crime such as the violence, the prematurely released or never properly jailed felon just doesn't register in their minds. Often the attacks from the 'anti crowd' completely ignore logic and focus on "those frightened people who think they need to carry guns" and hence gun owners are the real cause of all the violence.

If you've ever seen West Wing you may recall the episode where the 'token' conservative pointed out to Sam that it wasn't guns he hated, he actually hated the people who like guns.

I keep wondering how to enlighten people. It's obvious that the fear mongering from all the usual suspects such as Brady/HCI, the VPC et all latches on like a barnacle to the mindset of those who fear not just guns but also gun owners.

Having freshly seen once again "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" the other night I'll paraphrase the character who said something like “I'll trade all of your laws for some common sense and a little looking out for the other guy”.

Yet today, it's painfully obvious that common sense is not very common at all. Career felons walk and firearm violations are plea-bargained away, the Federal offenses are dropped for an easy 'local' conviction and at the same time we have no tolerance in all the wrong places. Zero tolerance for an Eagle Scout who had a pocketknife in the emergency kit in the trunk of his car on school property.

It all reminds me of the Einstein quote: "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

</rant>

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Any Idiot Can See It !

More subtle indoctrination of the sheeple...although we see it as blatant.

(Philadelphia County)

These open-minded lib types should open up at least once to having a firearm experience. Experience what going to a range is like, packed with people handling loaded weapons not committing crime. Then they should fire a gun. Some may not like it, but most will think it's a blast...literally and figuratively. I'm betting most antis are dweebs who've never had experience with guns, but rather have this nasty image of them thanks to media's and society's illogical fear of firearms.

(Bucks County)

Post an Ad on the Brady forum ??

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    These open-minded lib types should open up at least once to having a firearm experience. Experience what going to a range is like, packed with people handling loaded weapons not committing crime. Then they should fire a gun. Some may not like it, but most will think it's a blast...literally and figuratively. I'm betting most antis are dweebs who've never had experience with guns, but rather have this nasty image of them thanks to media's and society's illogical fear of firearms.
    I can't help but believe that you are correct.

These people only see guns as being a sign or device of 'evil' and don't see them, or can't see them in any other light.