Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: FN FNP9 SAO Review

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    I shot this pistol at the #6 shoot and it's everything NS said it was. The trigger is VERY nice.

So, when are you getting one?

(York County)

The FNP9 is a nice gun, I also carry one . I have to say no problems either but it did have to be replaced due to manufacture error. The factory took close to 3 months to replace. Your review was right on I just hope their customer support gets better. By the way when they replaced it they let me keep 2 additional mags, I guess that was for the trouble.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    The FNP9 is a nice gun, I also carry one . I have to say no problems either but it did have to be replaced due to manufacture error. The factory took close to 3 months to replace. Your review was right on I just hope their customer support gets better. By the way when they replaced it they let me keep 2 additional mags, I guess that was for the trouble.
    Do you know if the issue had to be solved over in Europe or if the gun didn't have to leave FN USA's factory here in the US? I seem to recall something similar with Sig's customer service; so long as it could be fixed here, the issue was resolved quickly, but if it required being shipped overseas, you were looking at a couple of months at least. That's the one concern I generally have about foreign-based companies with US operations...sometimes it has to go back to the mothership and that takes time.

Do you have the DA/SA variant or the SAO (or are you the one guy with a DAO )?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Do you know if the issue had to be solved over in Europe or if the gun didn't have to leave FN USA's factory here in the US? I seem to recall something similar with Sig's customer service; so long as it could be fixed here, the issue was resolved quickly, but if it required being shipped overseas, you were looking at a couple of months at least. That's the one concern I generally have about foreign-based companies with US operations...sometimes it has to go back to the mothership and that takes time.

Do you have the DA/SA variant or the SAO (or are you the one guy with a DAO )?
    DA/SA and the issue was kept in country, They said thier gunsmith could not correct the problem so they sent me a new one in the box complete. When it was shipped I was told to only ship the gun with 1 mag.

(Cambria County)

DA/SA and the issue was kept in country, They said thier gunsmith could not correct the problem so they sent me a new one in the box complete. When it was shipped I was told to only ship the gun with 1 mag.
    Man, I'm sure that sucked...was this recent?

(York County)

It was back in jan, feb, march of this year.

(Cambria County)

It was back in jan, feb, march of this year.
    Well, if I have any issues, I'll make sure to say a prayer to the gun gods before I send it back.

(York County)

Nineseven, coiuld you tell me... how much of a difference was there between the SA/DA version's trigger in SA mode and the SAO one you own?

I ask because I am interested in these pistols, but am unsure of which trigger to get. I like the SA/DA carry options, but I won't go that route if the trigger is much better in SAO.

Thanks in advance...

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post
    Nineseven, coiuld you tell me... how much of a difference was there between the SA/DA version's trigger in SA mode and the SAO one you own?

I ask because I am interested in these pistols, but am unsure of which trigger to get. I like the SA/DA carry options, but I won't go that route if the trigger is much better in SAO.

Thanks in advance...
    My trigger time on the DA/SA variant is limited to dry firing at a gun store for about 20 minutes, but the SA mode on the DA/SA is so close to the SA mode on the SAO that I wouldn't particularly recommend one over the other unless you're a DA/SA or an SA purist (I really prefer SAO on all of my guns if I can have it).

My thoughts while stroking the DA/SA trigger is that it felt very Sig-like, which, if you've ever fired a Sig Sauer, you'd understand just how good that is (very good for those playing the home game).

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    My trigger time on the DA/SA variant is limited to dry firing at a gun store for about 20 minutes, but the SA mode on the DA/SA is so close to the SA mode on the SAO that I wouldn't particularly recommend one over the other unless you're a DA/SA or an SA purist (I really prefer SAO on all of my guns if I can have it).

My thoughts while stroking the DA/SA trigger is that it felt very Sig-like, which, if you've ever fired a Sig Sauer, you'd understand just how good that is (very good for those playing the home game).
    That's what I want to hear. I need to go check one out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast