Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Mueller 8-32x44 Target Dot 30mm Riflescope

So this is where I plan to review this scope. For now I just have the initial scope pics and my opinions of how it looks/feels. Tomorrow it will be getting a range test day, but only up to 100yds (Max range of club). I mounted it on my R700 20" .308 which I have a solid load developed. This way I can rule out the loads while tracking the scope.

So to my thoughts of the scope.

Packaging was "OK" nothing great. It did the job.

The scope itself seems heavy duty. The knobs are good and solid, the tube is nice and solid, but the scope overall as some weight. Now keep in mind for my use more weight is only a bonus.

The knobs are very over sized which is good thing, and very easy to read in the shooting position. The are tight movement (not to tight) with good feedback from feel, and a nice audible click.

The glass so far definitely looks good. Obviously the range will be the test, but for the price of this scope I am seriously impressed. The side focus works excellent. I tried to score some pics looking through the scope but this is my first attempt at it so bare with me.

So this thread will be a work in progress over the next couple of days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Mueller 8-32x44 Target Dot 30mm Riflescope

More pictures

One more group after this

(Lebanon County)

Last group for now. I will get some range pics and post them with a range review

(Lehigh County)

Wow, those are some nice toys in the background and on the bench. I am very interested how this scope performs.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lebanon County)

Well I got some loads, and for the most part everything else ready to rock for tomorrow. Hopefully this runs well! I also have 50 rds to run through my 17 Mach IV, so I should have a report on the Nikon as well. w00t w00t

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    Wow, those are some nice toys in the background and on the bench. I am very interested how this scope performs.
    Damn, his heads big enough already . . . .

I was at the range today with him shooting looked like a keeper, but I'll let him tell the story.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lebanon County)

Well I got ZERO pictures at the range. This is due to the schedule of sighting in 4 rifles and have to shoot an ASSLOAD of rounds for load testing.

I will give a report the though.

This scope with through 115rds of light to medium .308 loads on a 20" R700 SPS.

Adjustments:
    ================================================== =======
    Normally when I test the tracking of the scope I use 1" block targets. I find zero and begin.

I work from zero, right 1" at a time taking a shot at each inch until I reach one side. I then reset to zero, and take a shot to see if it came back to where it should. I rinse and repeat for each direction. Once this test is done I have a solid idea of tracking.

Well today even though that was on my list, I just had to much stuff going on and did not do it. I can say while dialing in, it tracked where I wanted it to according to the measurements and the number of clicks. I won't give this scope the seal of approval on this front until I try my standard test of walking the scope in each direction and resetting to zero. It's what I have always done to find tracking, and that's what I need to do in order to state it rocks or sucks.

Lens Clarity:
    Wow, very very nice. It's definitely not top of the line, but in all seriousness more than what was expected. The light pickup is a little on the low side, but even with that the scope is clear all the way up to 32x. I was able to track .17 caliber hole with an excellent image. I was shooting flys and was able to actually make out the fly in a fair bit of detail @ 50yds, and following up with a well placed headshot. I really am impressed with the quality of the image in this pri

So from a 1 - 10, I would rate the clarity of the this scope a strong 5. When compared to other scopes in this price range, I would give this scope a perfect rating of 10 as I would expect to pay twice the amount for this optical clarity.

Crosshairs:
    Maybe the best target cross hairs I have had yet. The only thing I have found close was the old school Weaver fine cross hair.

I plan on buying at least one more, but I am already considering a 3rd. Very very nice scope for the money.

Fr0sty, you think the light might be better without the 6" hood it was wearing at the range today
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lebanon County)

LoL

I completely forgot I had that on.... So yea I guess it would be.