Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G-26 stovepipes

(Northampton County)

Default Re: G-26 stovepipes

Sounds like you got the problem fixed. Limpwristing would have been my guess too.

Try adding the Pearce +0 extension on the mag. All my G26 mags have this and it is a dream to shoot. For my man-sized hands, it provides a solid, full-sized grip on this model.
    So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

(Armstrong County)

I would bet money on limp wristing. Watch Jerry Miculek's videos on smith & wessons site. He talks about grip and stance. I know he is instructing on a revolver but his information that he gives out works for any handgun.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by KAL101 View Post
    I would bet money on limp wristing. Watch Jerry Miculek's videos on smith & wessons site. He talks about grip and stance. I know he is instructing on a revolver but his information that he gives out works for any handgun.
    I think he's good now

Quote Originally Posted by Fred762 View Post
    we "reoriented" her grip/arm position,etc and the problem went away..interesting tho for her as it was a learning experience. I've not had the problem w that particular gun before..nor w the Izzy ammo wh seems pretty hot loaded.

(Lackawanna County)

hmmm, i think this was caused by limp wristing. why has no one here mentioned it?

oh....

(Chester County)

hmmm, i think this was caused by limp wristing. why has no one here mentioned it?
    Yes I am surprised no one has mentioned it as well. I guess it goes without saying that any Glock malfunction is due to operator error as a perfect pistol like this would never fail unless you were not holding your arm straight out with wrist locked. I can't believe the FTRB threads I have been seeing haven't been attributed to limpwristing.

Sorry but I think the subcompacts are more prone to this, I had a G19 my 2 yr. old could have shot with his left hand and not have a malfunction. Not that I would let a 2 yr old. shoot a gun (at least not a 9) but I remember doing drills where you would draw from a duty belt holster and fire 2 rounds from the hip and never had a problem with the G19. Also had a G27 with FTRB issues that could not be duplicated by limpwristing on purpose.

Glad to see it is worked out but I hope you teach her some malfunction clearing drills b/c under stress it could be an issue.

(Chester County)

Sounds exactly like a limp wristing scenario to me.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12