Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Can we share pistols on our permits??

If I buy a new pistol, and the better half wanted to carry it. Would she be allowed to carry it if she has a LCC? Or is she only allowed to carry a pistol that is registered to her?
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Default Re: Can we share pistols on our permits??

Technically, the pistol is registered to the Address of the owner not to a single person. Meaning your wife, son / daughter could carry it as long as they live at the same address. Not sure about live in Girlfriends tho, some one with more info would have to speak up on this.

Now say your Son/ Daughter lived in an other house then yours, different address, they could no longer carry the gun unless you gift it to them. Then you no longer own it and you become the person not allowed to have it on you. Dont ask me how they do this with out registering the guns or needing your change of address when you move.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Technically, the pistol is registered to the Address of the owner not to a single person.
    Can you explain more about this, or provide pointers to the information?

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Can you explain more about this, or provide pointers to the information?

TIA!
    I dont have the documentation on this, maybe one of the LEO or Lawyers can speak up, I do know it is right, but would be hard pressed to find the actual docs to show it.

It is the main reason you dont have to put a gun in 2 names IE: Mr Mrs Jones...

The gun is NOT "registered" and the PSP mainly only has a statistical paper to show where the gun is being stored. Any adult 18+ within this household can therefor have access to this gun and carry open or Concealed with a permit.

I could not let you carry or transport my .357 for example, but I can let my wife carry it or bring it to the cun club to meet me there.

Unless you have a FFL that covers all guns in your posession, there is not really a loop to this, the gun has a paper trail that says what "Address" it is supposed to be at when not travling to and from a range or being carried by one of the LTCF permits at that Address.

So in example, I go to the shoot this comming sunday, GrOpa is there, I can legally Carry it there concealed or open. I have a permit, My wife does not, so she could transport it there in a locked case bullets in an other case. once there, I decide I need repairs to it, GrOpa can bring it with him to his FFL address to do repairs and so on, I would then have a reciept from him (paper trail) When I ask for the gun from him, I would then counter sign the reciept for him saying the gun was returned to me. As he ahs a FFL he can transport it, store it, fix it... As I have a LTCF I can wear it, and as my wife does not have hers yet, she can only transport it to and from the club.

Hope this all made sence. This is all only relative to short arms, long arms I could lend you a rifle or shotgun and you could go from any where to any where with it.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Cambria County)

If my betterhalf (Read live in girlfriend) has my address on everything she owns. Drivers License, Work, income tax, Blah, Blah, Blah. Then technically she should be able to carry any pistol that I have registered. This is her address too. Am I right or am I missing something.

Seems funny that the kid can't carry it once they move out. But my live in girlfriend of 10 years can't cause we aren't married.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    If my betterhalf (Read live in girlfriend) has my address on everything she owns. Drivers License, Work, income tax, Blah, Blah, Blah. Then technically she should be able to carry any pistol that I have registered. This is her address too. Am I right or am I missing something.

Seems funny that the kid can't carry it once they move out. But my live in girlfriend of 10 years can't cause we aren't married.
    I am not sure of the technicalities of mariage on this. I would think the address being the same would be the rule as many people of the same gender have a live in type agreement, mind you i dont know how the law sees them.

You might consider asking 2 people,
    1: the LTCF authority in your area ie: Sheriff,
    2: A lawyer you hire to protect your interests in this.

We have a few lawyers here, you might send them a PM and see what they can tell you freely. They can probably give you the correct statutes on this. Steve in PA probably could also.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Cambria County)

Just to sound stupid . I never realized that the pistol was registered to an address. I always thought it was registered to me. (I love it when you learn something new off this site. And I do that a lot)I thought I would have to buy all new pistols for the betterhalf and put them in her name. This is an eye opener for me. Gee, let me see. What pistol does she want now.

(Luzerne County)

STOP!

Frenchy, please, most of what you have posted is incorrect and/or has no relevance to the OP question.

§6115. Loans on, or Lending or Giving Firearms Prohibited.]

(a) Offense defined.—No person shall make any loan secured by mortgage, deposit or pledge of a firearm, nor, except as pro*vided in subsection (b), shall any person lend or give a firearm to another or otherwise deliver a firearm contrary to the provisions of this subchapter.]

(b) Exception.—]

(1) Subsection (a) shall not apply if any of the following apply:]

(i) The person who receives the firearm is licensed to carry a firearm under section 6109 (relating to licenses).]

(ii) The person who receives the firearm is exempt from licensing.]

(iii) The person who receives the firearm is engaged in a hunter safety program certified by the Pennsylvania Game Commission or a firearm training program or competition sanctioned or approved by the National Rifle Association

(iv) The person who receives the firearm meets all of the following]

(A) Is under 18 years of age.]

(B) Pursuant to section 6110.1 (relating to possession of firearm by minor) is under the supervision, guidance and instruc*tion (if a responsible individual who.]

(I) is ‘21 years of age or older; and]

(II) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm tinder section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, man*ufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms)]

(v) The person who receives the firearm is lawfully hunting or trapping and is in compliance with the provisions of Title 34 (relating to game)]

(vi) A bank or other chartered lending institution is able to adequately secure firearms in its possession.]

(2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the transfer of a firearm under 20 Pa CS. Ch. 21 (relating to inter*state succession) or by bequest if the individual receiving the firearm is not precluded from owning or possessing a firearm under section 6105]

(3) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the loaning or giving of a firearm to another in one’s dwelling or place of business if the firearm is retained within the dwelling or place of business.]
    Ref: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...1.015.000..HTM
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; August 7th, 2007 at 12:39 AM.

(Luzerne County)

PS, the application/record of sale (white form) has nothing to do with loaning per the above statute.

Section 6106(a) does not apply to:
    Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm and who is operating a vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a license has been issued to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.

You are relating to giving, selling and transfering, there is no transfer or sale needed between spouse (legally married couples) and direct children.

Guess that answers the girlfriend thing, nad this is the only correction that needs to be made. there is no commonlaw in PA so you need to be married for it to be legal.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast