Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Glock 23 converse to 9mm

I have G23 3rd gen. Looking for info on how to converse it to shoot 9mm just for range use only, I know I'd need 9mm barrel and mag. The question is can I use longer barrel (G17) on it or do I have to stay with same lenght?. Any recommendation on which brand to stay and which not?.

Default Re: Glock 23 converse to 9mm

I got a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my G23 & I have maybe 500 rounds thru it without a problem. I think I paid $99 for it from one of the Glock stores, (Glockworld, Glockmeister, Glockstore, or one of those). It's as accurate as the stock barrel, or maybe slightly more so. I got the standard G23 length.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Bucks County)

We also got a Lone Wolf 9mm threaded barrel for my Glock 23. Good price and the barrel has worked flawlessly. Takes one minute to change.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

My understanding is that you'll need a conversion barrel. The 9mm glock barrels have a smaller outsided diameter than the .40 cal barrels. So buy a conversion one from an aftermarket supplier. The G17 conversion barrel should work just fine in your G23. It's the same as using a threaded barrel which also adds some extra length. Some people also recommend changing the extractor to a 9 mm one also. That's optional and if it's for just range use, probably not a big deal.