Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default An educational encounter last night at the Waterfront

I went to see Avatar last night with my Mom and little sister. My other sister who lives in Pittsburgh met us there with her boyfriend and another friend of theirs. After the movie we went to the parking lot and my sister's boyfriend who knows I carry told me that OC was illegal in Pittsburgh. I then used the opportunity to educate him and his friend about preemption and the Uniform Firearms Act. I told him that several people on this forum OC'ed during G8 and no one arrested them because it would have been unlawful. The friend then asked me, " OC...what's OC?" I smiled and said, "Here, I'll show you." I had my 9mm subcompact with me in my coat pocket for the purpose of the movie theater but had brought my SERPA holster along to switch back to OC afterward. I put on the holster and switched my gun over and said, " That's OC." I didn't have any fliers with my unfortunately, but he also told me that he had heard that carrying was illegal in Philadelphia and I told him that with a LTCF OC and CC are perfectly legal. I do so love educating people and correcting the misinformation that has been disseminated by anti gunners.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; December 20th, 2009 at 10:53 AM.

(York County)

Default Re: An educational encounter last night at the Waterfront

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to t1m0thy again."
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lancaster County)

Good job spreading the info but how was the movie?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    That would be off-topic for this thread/forum. Try asking in the Lounge.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to t1m0thy again."
    Got him for you!
    Very well done
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/82...movie-yet.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    I went to see Avatar last night with my Mom and little sister. My other sister who lives in Pittsburgh met us there with her boyfriend and another friend of theirs. After the movie we went to the parking lot and my sister's boyfriend who knows I carry told me that OC was illegal in Pittsburgh. I then used the opportunity to educate him and his friend about preemption and the Uniform Firearms Act. I told him that several people on this forum OC'ed during G8 and no one arrested them because it would have been unlawful. The friend then asked me, " OC...what's OC?" I smiled and said, "Here, I'll show you." I had my 9mm subcompact with me in my coat pocket for the purpose of the movie theater but had brought my SERPA holster along to switch back to OC afterward. I put on the holster and switched my gun over and said, " That's OC." I didn't have any fliers with my unfortunately, but he also told me that he had heard that carrying was illegal in Philadelphia and I told him that with a LTCF OC and CC are perfectly legal. I do so love educating people and correcting the misinformation that has been disseminated by anti gunners.
    So you handled a loaded firearm in the parking lot, and carried it in a coat pocket without a holster? There are some here who would say that's unsafe.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    So you handled a loaded firearm in the parking lot, and carried it in a coat pocket without a holster? There are some here who would say that's unsafe.
    No. The gun was in a Mike's IWB holster in my pocket. I quickly removed from one holster to another while standing behind a car door with the gun pointed safely at the ground for the very brief 2-3 seconds that it was in between holsters.

I NEVER carry without some form of holster to secure the firearm even if it has a grip safety like my XD.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; December 20th, 2009 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    No. The gun was in a Mike's IWB holster in my pocket. I quickly removed from one holster to another while standing behind a car door with the gun pointed safely at the ground for the very brief 2-3 seconds that it was in between holsters.

I NEVER carry without some form of holster to secure the firearm even if it has a grip safety like my XD.
    no matter how quick you swapped out holsters it still doesn't justify pulling out a firearm in public.

I will never understand those that pull their firearm to make a point, If it's not in defense of your life or someone elses it should stay put.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    no matter how quick you swapped out holsters it still doesn't justify pulling out a firearm in public.

I will never understand those that pull their firearm to make a point, If it's not in defense of your life or someone elses it should stay put.
    Is it illegal? Was I pointing at anyone? Did I do it to intimidate? No. I was simply switching holsters at my car discreetly with just a few people there out of sight of passers by. I was not waving my gun around or pointing it unsafely. I really don't see the problem...

I am being serious here. Please point out to me how it was unsafe with a reasonable argument. I would like to know if I am overlooking some rational point of fact that would make this dangerous because I am honestly not seeing it.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; December 20th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast