Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default PM I received from the NFA forum section

I know this is off-topic but this is the only place I can catch the person that PM'd me. Somebody PM'd me with an NFA question regarding this forum section. I was out of state working long hours and had to clean out my PMs in the middle of the night. Sorry I did not respond, and I was barely awake and don't remember who contacted me.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: PM I received from the NFA forum section

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I know this is off-topic but this is the only place I can catch the person that PM'd me. Somebody PM'd me with an NFA question regarding this forum section. I was out of state working long hours and had to clean out my PMs in the middle of the night. Sorry I did not respond, and I was barely awake and don't remember who contacted me.
    It may have been me. I contacted someone a couple weeks ago regarding NFA items. I forgot the question too, but I am feeling confident now with continuing on with my SBR project.

Very considerate of you to follow through whether ir was me or not.

(Centre County)

Default Re: PM I received from the NFA forum section

You don't remember? It was me and you agreed to sell me your M16 lower for one shinny nickle You were even kind enough to offer to pay the extortion tax.. sorry, NFA tax for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am pretty sure that it was me. And the question was about the procedure to notify the BATFE of a change of address for a silencer. Is it something that needs to be done or not?
    I Am Not A Lawyer, and I don't even play one on the internet. Never mistake my opinion for legal advice. If you do need legal advise, seek it from those who get paid to give it, I know I do.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTPisser View Post
    I am pretty sure that it was me. And the question was about the procedure to notify the BATFE of a change of address for a silencer. Is it something that needs to be done or not?
    Yea very good question and please post the answer in here. When I filed my paper work I was living with my parents but since then I bought my own house..... Whats the deal there?

I am going to answer my own question based upon information that I have received from the BATFE and from the BATFE site. There is no official need to let the BATFE know if you are transporting a silencer and no requirement to let them know of an address change for a silencer. They would however like it if you would notify them of the address change so that they can keep the registry up to date, but there is no official requirement to do so. You can use form 5320.20 available at :
    http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-20.pdf

but againg, I will state that from the answer that I received from someone at BATFE, it is not required. I am attempting to get a letter of clarification on this subject and will copy it to the site if they send it.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, and I don't even play one on the internet. Never mistake my opinion for legal advice. If you do need legal advise, seek it from those who get paid to give it, I know I do.