Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Anyone in the area own a Spikes .22 upper?

I'm considering buying one, but I'd really like to try one out first and just see one in person. If anyone has one, any chance I could stop by just to fire a couple mags through it?

I've got toys I could bring if you'd be interested in trying anything you've never shot before as well.

Thanks

Smile Re: Anyone in the area own a Spikes .22 upper?

Check out the spikes page over at ar15.com, alot of PA. afrommers there. Might just find somebody close to you.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anyone in the area own a Spikes .22 upper?

I dont have a spikes upper, but I have 2 of their lowers and they are impeccable... reviews on the uppers indicate they give BCM a run for their money.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Allegheny County)

my spikes upper runs like a sewing machine. As long as you use the right ammu, no malfunctions whatsoever.......

(Allegheny County)

I have a Spike's drop-in conversion for .22lr. They are worth the money. They give you two different recoil springs with the kit. The first one I tried didn't work well. Switched it out for other, stiffer spring, and I haven't had any problems since. The drop is very well designed and works like a charm. My friend has the complete .22 lr upper and is equally satisfied with it. Seems to cycle with any old cheap .22 lr. The products are top-notch.

Spike's customer service, however, is sketchy. They frequently make mistakes, and aren't very professional about correcting them. I bought a lower from them and they used a castle-nut spacer that had a loop on it for an HK style single point sling hook. Trouble is I didn't ask for or want a single point sling attachment added. After a half a dozen phone calls and equal number of emails, I gave up on trying to get them to straighten things out. Each time they said they'd send a prepaid shipping label, but it never came.

Same thing happened to my buddy with his lower. They told him they were out of regular spacers and to call back in a few months.

Another friend of mine bought a 9mm SBR upper from Spike's that had an expensive quad rail installed. They forgot to torque the nut that held the rail in place. It vibrated loose while he was shooting it. He tried getting Spike's to make things right, was given a bunch of promises, but ended up getting the right tool and fixing it himself instead.

I think they have some excellent gunsmiths and make some pretty high quality products, but they are really disorganized and not very professional in how they run their business.

Bottom-line if you order from Spike's is that you will get a good product, but make sure you have some patience.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA452 View Post
    I'm considering buying one, but I'd really like to try one out first and just see one in person. If anyone has one, any chance I could stop by just to fire a couple mags through it?

I've got toys I could bring if you'd be interested in trying anything you've never shot before as well.

Thanks
    I have a TacSol LT upper, which is essentially the same bolt system.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...