Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Arrow Teen With Gun Attempted To Carjack Pittsburgh Police Officer

There's a video as well with this officer speaking about this incident at the link below. HG

Teen Attempted To Carjack Zone 5 Police Officer
    Reporting
    Ralph Iannotti

BLOOMFIELD (KDKA) ― A 14-year-old armed carjacker picked the wrong intended victim.

The suspect approached a woman behind the wheel of her car on Pearl Street in Bloomfield late Monday.

It turns out the would-be victim, Caytlin Wood, is a Zone 5 Police officer and she had just gotten in her own car to drive to work.

She was wearing her uniform and badge, but, was wearing a sweatshirt over it. The suspect walked up to her car, pulled out a gun, and put to Wood's face.

She turned off the car's ignition and as she opened the car door, he ran off.

"I don't think he saw fear, I was pretty angry about it, so when I opened the door, his expression looked surprised so he fled with the gun in hand," Wood said.

She chased the suspect down and told him to get on the ground and he complied.

The gun he tossed while running was later recovered. Four other teenagers, including a girl, were arrested in the same neighborhood.

Police believe all five teens were part of the same carjacking group. The five teens were charged with robbery, and the 14-year-old who had the gun was also charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

"In my opinion, her actions were highly courageous and very representative of the courageous officers in the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police," Acting Zone 5 Commander Lt. Kevin Kraus said.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Teen With Gun Attempted To Carjack Pittsburgh Police Officer

Already posted this last night before going to bed.

http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/8238...ittsburgh.html
    FNX-9 Two-tone