Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Teen Attempted To Carjack Zone 5 Police Officer (Bloomfield - near Pittsburgh)

http://kdka.com/local/Bloomfield.car...2.1369896.html

There were 5 youths attempting to carjack a car in Bloomfield, PA (Pittsburgh area for those not from around here) They didn't get the car. The driver turned out to be a 4 year veteran of the police dept. and she was on her way to work. She had a sweatshirt over her uniform when the youth first approached the car and stuck a gun in her face.

Story I saw on the news said the 14 y.o. that stuck the gun in the window ran when she got out of the car, I would guess she had shown him her gun or he saw the uniform, otherwise why would he run if she was complying? Not very many details provided of course.
    Last edited by falcn; December 14th, 2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: better title
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Default Re: Teen Attempted To Carjack Zone 5 Police Officer (Bloomfield - near Pittsburgh)

Not to bright i would say!!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Teen Attempted To Carjack Zone 5 Police Officer (Bloomfield - near Pittsburgh)

Now that they caught them, just take them out in front of the courthouse and put a bullet in their heads to make an example of them.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

And the award for the stupidest criminal of the year goes to.

(Monroe County)

"I don't think he saw fear, I was pretty angry about it, so when I opened the door, his expression looked surprised so he fled with the gun in hand," Wood said.
    After what happen last week he's lucky he saw anything.

Good for the officer for not shooting him, but she would have been more then justified in doing so with the recent events.

Might as well just get all their Shoe and jumpsuit sizes.. Cause you know where they're all gonna end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    Might as well just get all their Shoe and jumpsuit sizes.. Cause you know where they're all gonna end up.
    Yeah back on the street. Courtesy of the "I was brought up in a bad situation and Its not my fault I am a homicidal deviant I need help and Obamamoney to rise up out of poverty" defense.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Franklin County)

This is just an observation and I'm not saying the officer should have done anything differently.

According to the way the articles written, the officer was in the vehicle with the engine running. The criminal stuck a gun in the officers face. The officer shut off her engine and opened the vehicle's door to confront the armed criminal. I understand this is the way it's written and not necessarily exact.

It doesn't mention that the officer had drawn her weapon before opening the door, and something could have gone terribly wrong if the officer tried to maneuver her vehicle to a safer area before trying to confront the criminals. But if the officer had shot the criminal after exiting her vehicle, how could it have played out in court. Does an officer have any kind of duty to retreat in a situation like this?

I'm sure everything happened quickly, but if it was a civilian confronted in a similar way, do we have any kind of duty to retreat?

I know the whole duty to retreat comes down to "if we believe we can safely do so," but I have to wonder if the officer used her better judgment. It takes quite a bit of maneuvering to shut off an engine, un-holster your firearm, open a vehicles door and then get your target in the sights.

(Allegheny County)

If you are parked on the side of the road with a car in front and behind, where are you safely going to retreat too when the perp has the gun pointed at you?

I expect he would want you to get out of the car...to me that would seem to give you time do some manipulation of your seatbelt and possibly get your gun to bear without him being able to see. Hypothetically I would not exit the car before shooting him.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Hypothetically I would not exit the car before shooting him.
    there is a lot more to the equation.

I have done some work dealing with cars. and plan to do some more:

http://forum.pafoa.org/training-cour...e-tactics.html

this is quite near me, and i travel through there usually once a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast