Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Buy from DE?

(Chester County)

Default Buy from DE?

I was thinking of picking up a 10/22 from Dick's right over the state line in Delaware. Will they sell to me being I'm from PA?

Never tried to buy a gun out of state before.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Buy from DE?

I think you have to pay for it, then have them ship it to a PA vendor, where you pay again to do the transfter.

Not worth it unless you are getting an awesome deal.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

I'm pretty sure that since you are talking about a rifle you can purchase it legally anywhere. IIRC handguns are the only firearms that must be transferred only within your home state. I could be wrong but that is what comes to mind.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Delaware County)

You can buy rifles and shotguns in Delaware and take it home with you the same day. Unless you don't pass NICS check!

You can buy a handgun but can't take it with you. It must send it to an FFL in your home state.

(Delaware County)

I've purchased a few guns in DE long guns that is. No problem taking them home that day.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
    I was thinking of picking up a 10/22 from Dick's right over the state line in Delaware. Will they sell to me being I'm from PA?

Never tried to buy a gun out of state before.
    I bought 2 10/22s at dicks in Delaware. Teir check is not instant so plan to spend some time there. Gotta do a nics and go throught the delaware state police. fior the money i saved it was well worth it.

(Centre County)

Here's a did you know?

Legally if you buy something from a state with no sales tax, or a sales tax lower than PA, as soon as you bring it across then PA state line you are obligated to pay the USE Tax that PA charges. And guess what the Use Tax is: 6%. Actually if you buy something from the internet and they do not charge you PA sales tax you are supposed to pay PA the Use Tax of the cost of the item. The Use Tax is in place to "help" PA business compete with out of state vendors.

Go to PA Powerport and query about Use Tax if you want more info. I have the brochure they print. Most of the examples you read deals with business but it also talks about all people buying out of state.

When I do an internet transfer of a gun I do not have to charge sales tax as I did not sell the item. I am not sure at this time (I will have to check further) to see if I am obligated to tell the customer that they are suppose to pay the Use Tax. If they don't pay, that is up to them. Also, guess what, the state sales tax people can and do check up on this.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member