Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: My New Toys.

Talking My New Toys.

Just picked up 2 new guns today. I got a Smith & Wesson SW40VE (Sigma 40) from BudsGunShop.com for $299 plus a $50 mail-in rebate and a Ruger LCP also from BudsGunShop.com for $299. Both guns were sent to Kerper's in Narvon, PA.

[SIDE NOTE: Cheryl, the lady who owns Kerper's, was very nice and very courtious. She has TONS of rifles and shotguns as well as several handguns in stock. Ammo wasn't too high priced considering it's hard to come by. Best part was that she only charges $20 per gun for the FFL and PICS check. Best $40 I've ever spend. Other gun shops wanted $50 for FFL & $10 for PICS.]

Here are some pics. (Last pic also has my Springfield XD Sub-Compact 9mm)
    Last edited by iMoses14; May 26th, 2014 at 11:57 AM.

Default Re: My New Toys.

Congratulations!
    A lot of people don't like the Sigmas, but for $250, how can you go wrong? I had the 9mm model for a while. If you don't like the trigger on it after you try it, I am pretty sure you can send it back to Smith, and they will do a free trigger job for you. Supposedly, they are much better after the work is done. I didn't get it done on mine, so I can't tell you firsthand.

(York County)

Looks great man! Love those LCP's, and had a sigma in 9mm and loved it. Great find!

(Westmoreland County)

How do you all like the LCP. Ive been looking at them for a while just not sure. Ive seen other brand guns on this same platform and they seemed like failures to me. Has Ruger done it right with this one?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by H22ate View Post
    How do you all like the LCP. Ive been looking at them for a while just not sure. Ive seen other brand guns on this same platform and they seemed like failures to me. Has Ruger done it right with this one?
    I'd like to know this too. I've heard a few mixed reviews and I believe once summer comes around I might be shopping again.

(Lancaster County)

Best part was the 20 dollar transfer fee??????? I thought the best part would be her abs. That woman doesnt always show it but she is solid as a frickin rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    I'd like to know this too. I've heard a few mixed reviews and I believe once summer comes around I might be shopping again.
    i have seen nothing but good reviews in a variety of mags and websites. random users complain about silly things, usually because they have the LCP confused with something that it isn't i.e. it isn't a plinker or a range gun. The LCP is a surprisingly accurate, amazingly compact, no-excuse-to-never-have-a-gun-on-you ultimate concealing .380. the biggest beef is that the milled sites kinda suck, but despite this it is still a pretty accurate little pistol.

i intend to pick one up, and it will be the only gun i own with crimson trace on it. i'll spend $70 on a custom pocket holster, practice with it a few times per year, and i expect to carry the hell out of it. i'd love to carry one of my full size, or even compact 9mm all the time, but practically, i just can't. this will fill that void.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    i have seen nothing but good reviews in a variety of mags and websites. random users complain about silly things, usually because they have the LCP confused with something that it isn't i.e. it isn't a plinker or a range gun. The LCP is a surprisingly accurate, amazingly compact, no-excuse-to-never-have-a-gun-on-you ultimate concealing .380. the biggest beef is that the milled sites kinda suck, but despite this it is still a pretty accurate little pistol.

i intend to pick one up, and it will be the only gun i own with crimson trace on it. i'll spend $70 on a custom pocket holster, practice with it a few times per year, and i expect to carry the hell out of it. i'd love to carry one of my full size, or even compact 9mm all the time, but practically, i just can't. this will fill that void.
    Thanks for the info!

(Westmoreland County)

Congratulations. Update us after your next range trip.

Thumbs up Kerpers

Yes Cheryl is topnotch! She is great to deal with!!!!!!!!
    "343" Never Forgotten