Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors Gun & Knife Show

closes at 4pm today with entry cut off at 3:15pm prior to close.

(Montgomery County)

Went to both shows today (Allentown and this one). I didnt think Allentown was that great shakes - especially for reloading and ammo. Allentown had a LOT of S&W 15-22 rifles with the muzzle brake (grrr, got mine 'without' at last VF show), but other than that mostly a lot of milsurps at inflated prices. Couldnt find ANY 30-06 at Allentown show.

Oaks show had two good tables for reloading components and quite a few tables of ammo. Unfortunately it had shrunk in size and doesnt have the variety that VF has. Darn shame because those wide aisles are so nice to walk down. Wish they could get a bigger venue for the VF show.

I went to Allentown and oaks . Allentown was packed and they need top open the isles a bit. I was looking for ammo cans allentown had them Oaks didn't I was looking for primers and TNT at oaks had them Allentown didn't have them . Oaks is a nice place isles are wide and planty of room . Allentown has less room . Allentown is cheaper at 7 and oaks is 10 WTF For 7 bucks thats fine but 10 bucks to get in????? Forget it I will wait for valley forge next time . For 10 buck get more dealers or drop the price to get in . Just my to cents
    What do you guys think
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Delaware County)

I think the last time I went to Oaks was the last time.

It was 10 bucks then and I said it was too much, especially for how small the show is.

Probably not ever going to go again. In that hall, it could rival Valley Forge, they're really squandering a good opportunity.

(Delaware County)

I went on Saturday and had a good time. Was definitely smaller than VF, and there were the typical beef jerky and artsy craftsy tables, but it was certainly better than the first time I went.

Probably more pistol action than rifle action as others have noted. Rifles were more of the milsurp variety than sporters. Some interesting FTF offers. Talked to the guy with the jungle Enfield - he had a couple of stories to tell, also spoke to the guy with the Krag on his shoulder who had a couple of history tales to tell as well. A couple wanted $500 for a fairly well used Remington 1100 - not much interest there. I did pick up some Mosin-Nagant food. Whoever said that this show was ammo shy was wrong about Saturday's venture.

All in all, I got my $10 worth of entertainment. It was easier to talk to people because it was not as jammed as VF. I made sure to thank the guy manning the NRA booth for being there and doing that. As with all these shows, people like to talk but wait for somebody to open the conversation. The folk at the table with the surplus stuff (gloves, sweats, etc.) had a dog there that was a mutt blend of Jack Russel and American rat terrier. We exchanged stories about those since we have a mutt rat terrier as well.

I enjoy being among people who are not going to preach to me about the evils of gun ownership. I've not been to the Allentown show or the Harrisburg show. I guess I'll do those one of these days.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123