Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Rant about respecting the office.

Ever since Obama was elected, people have been telling me to respect the office even if not that man. That's really starting to get on my nerves. I cannot and will not respect a man who is destroying this country in so many different ways. Respect is earned, not required.

Let me put it this way. I respect doctors. Especially ER doctors in the busier ERs. I respect the job.

Let's say I'm in a car accident. The ambulance takes me to the nearest ER for treatment. I have internal bleeding, broken bones and a concussion. When the calls comes in from the ambulance that I'm on my way in and what injuries I have, Dr. Smith starts telling everyone that he alone can fix me. He won't sacrifice anything to save my life.

So the ambulance pulls in and wheels my bloody and beaten ass into the trauma room where Dr. Smith calmly walks in and promptly starts treating me. He has everyone convinced that I'm getting better despite my slipping into a coma, my continuing loss of blood and my breathing stopping.

The problem is, yes he is treating me, but he's treating me for pneumonia and putting bandaids on everything else.

Now like I said, I respect doctors, but I cannot and will not respect one that is killing me while making everyone think he's doing a damn fine job despite my getting worse.

I will continue to respect the office of President of the United States and respect many men who have held that office but I will not respect any man who holds that office and does his damnedest to kill this country while making pretty speeches to convince everyone that things are "getting better"

So please stop telling me to respect a man who has done nothing to earn it.

/rant

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Rant about respecting the office.

You are not alone in those thoughts. Just wait until November rolls around again and you'll see just how "not alone" you really are.

(Monroe County)

I didn`t vote for him, I don`t like him, I don`t respect him and he is causing me to lose respect for the office. In fact I`m losing respect for the way the entire system has evolved. People don`t serve they`ve created careers and lifestyles and their focus is preserving them.

(Philadelphia County)

Just tell them, I am showing him no less respect (and probably more to be honest) than our last president was shown.

ETA: Last I checked computer keyboards did not need to be replaced after the last election, need I say more?
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Luzerne County)

Hard to respect the office when the people elected to it treat it like shit.

I do not repect the man and the office, and if anyone has a problem with that too bad, last I looked we still had freedom of speach.

(Lehigh County)

Approves! (think of his monologue about presidents from Unforgiven)

(Butler County)

A few months ago, I visited my niece in SC to see her graduate from A school.

We got into a bit of a discussin because she said she had to respect O and the office because she swore an oath to do so.

I told her to re-read the oath she took. She took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemises, foreign and domestic.

After finding this, it seems we are both right. (The Navy enlisted oath)

I, ___________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I do not see how anyone can protect the Constitution and obey the orders of this President at the same time.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    Hard to respect the office when the people elected to it treat it like shit.
    Yup.
    I hate double-standards. How can you be expected to respect the office, when the one in office doesn't respect it?

(Monroe County)

How can I respect someone who doesnt respect me?
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Schuylkill County)

This "respect the office" crap started on day one of Obama's presidency. It comes from the very people who showed zero respect for George Bush.
    They have tried to play the race card to deflect criticism and have appealed to our sense of honor for the office. The problem is that most of the presidents we have had actually had some qualifications for the job and respected the country and its constitution.
    Obama respects nothing, not the country, the flag, its veterans, its people, the constitution, its allies in the world, the dollar, scientific facts, etc. I cannot think of anything he holds high other than his disdain for America and his quest to destroy capitalism.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast