Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default packing.org down?

I'm unable to reach packing.org from my location (I'm on Comcast in central Bucks). So either the site is down, or Comcast's DNS is acting-up again. Comcast has persistent problems w/ their DNS system.

pls try http://www.packing.org

Default Re: packing.org down?

Yeah it isn't working...give it a bit, maybe it'll get back up soon. I've always found that packing.org has a lot of tech problems.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Mercer County)

Yes, packing.org has been down.

You might be able to find the information you need at:
    WWW.HANDGUNLAW.US

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Lawrence County)

This comes as no surprise to most everyone that frequents the site... It's always down, that's why I hardly ever go there anymore...

The last time I tried was Friday morning. It was down then.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lawrence County)

Surprise! It's still down...

(Bucks County)

I'd read somewhere that they run their own DNS server. DNS is used to resolve network addresses (e.g. pafoa.org -> 216.246.34.84). It appears that their nameservers are down.

(Lackawanna County)

I was just searching the web for news of Packing.org, I found this entry on The Gun Broker Forum. I think the poster ...Alack ... says it most succinctly..............

www.Packing.Org Down For Last Count 8/23/07

It appears that Mark Soloman's Packing.Org web site has now gone down for the "Last Count"....It has now been a month and word has it that he has abandoned the site.His server company would also like payment for their services. Mark decided on a new career as a Law Student, within the past year he has let the site go down miserably. First he started with eliminating the site moderators and when many State Administrators quit, he did not replace them. Now as the laws and regulations and reciprocity, of many states change monthly, with many of the states, the posted information, on his website ,quickly became outdated and nothing was updated. When the site closed down, the information on most sites was very much wrong and not current. This is bad.... people looking at the site became confused and received the wrong posted information that Mark provided. Why would you allow this to happen ???

It's probably a good thing the site desolved as this wrong information provided a lot of problems with everyone whom relied on correct and exact information from this site. Sooo many good site available now with correct and accurate information.

We must all remember Mark when he receives his degree and decides to enter the business world again. He is a "Business Man" to remember on his past endeavors and handling .... 8/23/2007

I had noticed a change in the way Packing.org was heading in 2005. I posted my concerns a few times, and of course was zero bombed.

I expressed my opinion at the time that Packing.org was being deliberately run into the ground . I felt this was done to discredit the site and CCW in general.
    I wondered out loud how much the Brady Bunch had paid Mr Solomon to nuke his own site. Law school is not cheap. In any event it will be interesting to see if Mr Solomon shows up on the other side of the issue in a court room.

The good news is that the truth can not be muzzled or hidden. New sites have risen to fill the void. That is why the left hates the internet.

I guess it could have been worse,...............He could have sold the site to The Gun Guys!
    Last edited by cz_40p; August 25th, 2007 at 03:14 PM.
    Ruger P345 (45ACP)
    Colt Trooper (.357 Mag)
    CZ 40 P (40S&W)
    CZ 100 (9 MM)
    TZ 75 (9MM)
    Bersa Thunder 380 (.380)
    Ruger Mark II (.22)
    Heritage Arms Rough Rider (.22)
    (2)Phoenix Arms HP22 (.22)

Talking Re: packing.org down?

Quote Originally Posted by cz_40p View Post
    I was just searching the web for news of Packing.org, I found this entry on The Gun Broker Forum. I think the poster ...Alack ... says it most succinctly..............

www.Packing.Org Down For Last Count 8/23/07

It appears that Mark Soloman's Packing.Org web site has now gone down for the "Last Count"....It has now been a month and word has it that he has abandoned the site.His server company would also like payment for their services. Mark decided on a new career as a Law Student, within the past year he has let the site go down miserably. First he started with eliminating the site moderators and when many State Administrators quit, he did not replace them. Now as the laws and regulations and reciprocity, of many states change monthly, with many of the states, the posted information, on his website ,quickly became outdated and nothing was updated. When the site closed down, the information on most sites was very much wrong and not current. This is bad.... people looking at the site became confused and received the wrong posted information that Mark provided. Why would you allow this to happen ???

It's probably a good thing the site desolved as this wrong information provided a lot of problems with everyone whom relied on correct and exact information from this site. Sooo many good site available now with correct and accurate information.

We must all remember Mark when he receives his degree and decides to enter the business world again. He is a "Business Man" to remember on his past endeavors and handling .... 8/23/2007

I had noticed a change in the way Packing.org was heading in 2005. I posted my concerns a few times, and of course was zero bombed.

I expressed my opinion at the time that Packing.org was being deliberately run into the ground . I felt this was done to discredit the site and CCW in general.
    I wondered out loud how much the Brady Bunch had paid Mr Solomon to nuke his own site. Law school is not cheap. In any event it will be interesting to see if Mr Solomon shows up on the other side of the issue in a court room.

The good news is that the truth can not be muzzled or hidden. New sites have risen to fill the void. That is why the left hates the internet.

I guess it could have been worse,...............He could have sold the site to The Gun Guys!
    I'm a Canuck and "www.packing.org" was indeed an international resource as both the yellow & blue pages of CCW for quite a while. I personally can thank Mr. Solomon and the site for inspiring me to acquire several US state CCW permits including a PA LTCF.

It's presumptuous to assume that "The Dark Side" has got to Mr. Solomon. Considering his track record of building and operating the site gratis for years I think that at this point we all owe him at the very least the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand a credible group..............perhaps even the NRA would have taken over management of the site if given the opportunity.

I'm sure that Mr. Solomon's time is well occupied with the demands & rigors of his law school studies.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mark Solomon for the service he has rendered to the CCW community and I would be very surprised if after graduating and receiving his law degree we find that Mr. Solomon has "reversed polarity" in respect of his views on firearms & CCW in spite of the assumption that the "liberal thinking" university faculty & his fellow students have no doubt vectored a few "naughty boy" comments at him since he commenced his LLB. degree program.

Last edited by pricedo; April 29th, 2009 at 09:40 AM.

(Northampton County)

is packing.org back up and being updated, and used again?
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast