Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV

If this version of the story is true, I find it hilarious that Wood's people are trying to spin it so that he was injured in the accident and his wife tried to rescue him by breaking the rear window of the vehicle with the golf club

Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV

Posted Nov 28th 2009 12:08AM by TMZ Staff

Tiger Woods did not suffer facial lacerations from a car accident. They were inflicted by his wife, Elin Nordegren -- according to a conversation Woods had Friday after the accident.

iger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

Tiger Woods We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.
    Here's the "other" version.

Tiger Woods In Accident, Released From Hospital
    Woods Car Struck A Fire Hydrant And Part Of A Tree, Wife Pulled Him Out, Authorities Said

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) ― A local police chief in Florida says Tiger Woods' wife used a golf club to smash out the back window and helped get the golfer out of the car.

Windermere Police Chief Daniel Saylor told The Associated Press on Friday that Elin Nordegren told officers she was in the house when she heard the accident and came outside. Saylor says officers found Woods laying in the street with his wife hovering over him.

Police say Woods hit a fire hydrant and part of a tree early Friday. Saylor says Woods was in and out of consciousness when his officers arrived.

Saylor says Woods had cuts on his lips and blood in his mouth. He says his officers gave him first aid until fire rescue came about 10 minutes later.

The patrol reported Woods' injuries as serious, though Woods spokesman Glenn Greenspan said the golfer was treated at a hospital and released in good condition.

The patrol said alcohol was not involved, though the accident remains under investigation and charges could be filed. No one else was in the car, patrol spokeswoman Kim Montes said.

Woods' $2.4 million home is part of the exclusive Isleworth subdivision near Orlando, a community set on an Arnold Palmer-designed golf course and a chain of small lakes. The neighborhood, which is fortified with high brick walls and has its own security force, is home to CEOs and other sports stars such as the NBA's Shaquille O'Neal.

The accident happened at 2:25 a.m., though the FHP did not release the accident report until nearly 12 hours later.

Gary Bruhn, mayor of the adjacent community of Windermere, said police from that village were among the first on the accident scene and saw Woods with cuts on his face. Montes said troopers consider the injuries serious if they require more than minor medical attention.

Woods, who has won 82 times around the world and 14 majors, attended the Stanford-Cal football game, where he tossed the coin at the start of the game and was inducted into Stanford's sports Hall of Fame at halftime.

He had traveled to China and Australia earlier in the month, winning the Australian Masters on Nov. 15.

Woods was to host his tournament, the Chevron World Challenge, on Monday at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, Calif.

He won six times this year after missing eight months recovering from reconstructive surgery on his left knee. Even though he failed to win a major, Woods said he considered this a successful year because he did not know how his knee would respond.

(York County)

Default Re: Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV

Wow, that is shamefull how stories can be so far apart from each other. Who cares about getting it right, all that matters is who got it first anymore.

<sigh>
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    If this version of the story is true, I find it hilarious that Wood's people are trying to spin it so that he was injured in the accident and his wife tried to rescue him by breaking the rear window of the vehicle with the golf club

Here's the "other" version.
    I better start keeping a "Big Bertha" in my car In case I come upon an accident in my travels....who knew it could be a lifesaver?

(Mercer County)

I think this story shows two things:

- Men are, and will always be, pigs
    - No matter whether she's a supermodel or a trailer queen, she's still a woman
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post

And no matter how hot a girl is, there is some guy tired of her shit.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JIDinPhilly View Post

I'm repping BOTH of you for making me laugh out loud!!

Edit: Sorry Paradigm, my button is broke!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by JIDinPhilly View Post
    That's what I was saying. I just didn't want to sound like a pig.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

If this has even a sent of truth, Which I do not doubt, I can not wait to see how the big players(sponsers & race baiters ) play this one.
    Grab the Pop Corn & beverage of Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Whiskey View Post
    If this has even a sent of truth, Which I do not doubt, I can not wait to see how the big players(sponsers & race baiters ) play this one.
    Grab the Pop Corn & beverage of Choice
    I'm --so-- there....

Coming soon:

Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Northampton County)

Sounds like she F'd him up good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast