Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Gun owners who are "against the cause"

I have a feeling he was probably 15, yes, and also didn't know wtf he was talking about. Typical liberal youth.
    As I said earlier....probably a stupid ass kid who is too young to have learned anything. When I was a teenager I knew way more than I do now.

Well I have to agree. He is and idiot, The only question I have is why are you talking to and idiot. Isn't that like talking to a brick wall and a total waste of time and effort?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Well I have to agree. He is and idiot, The only question I have is why are you talking to and idiot. Isn't that like talking to a brick wall and a total waste of time and effort?
    Sometimes you don't know you're being lured into a redundant conversation until it's too late. Sometimes it's necessary for us to express "our" "logical" views in hopes of making others think about it from a common sense aspect. Then again, most of the time, the people who blindly argue will take nothing from a conversation that doesn't go their way. Indeed, it may very well be like talking to a brick wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Philadelphia County)

Trouble can follow you where ever you go but can find you much easier if you seek it out.

I said this before in one of Uniballin's threads: I don't mean to be a dick and I'm not siding with the Idiot, but the OP's neighborhood is f**ked; probably to an extent that people from out of the area wouldn't believe. It has been horrible place since race riots in the 60's. Temple has expanded considerably in the past decade but the OP's spot is still really beyond the reach of Temple. (it also is between police districts and has traditionally been underserved by law enforcement)

In the Wicen's thread people have complained about the temerity of those who would live 1 mile from a gunrange but I wonder if the OP had a do-over, would he again knowingly place himself smack dab in one of the top 25 worst neighborhoods in the country?

Philly is a great city but is peppered with shithole neighborhoods like Broad & Dauphin. My advice to anyone else thinking of attending Temple would be to live on campus or pick somewhere safer and spend the $1.60 to take public transit.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

uniballin: Do you see how unrealistic is for 20,000 people to commute to school every day? I don't have a car or the money to spend on a train everyday.

Idiot: Temple needs better security, but I wouldnt be surprised if most students were dumb enough to leave their vehicles and residences unlocked.

It's fine owning a gun, but you're a retard if you buy a gun out of necessity because you live in such a shitty area that you or your neighbors are getting burglarized every week or so. A few blocks and common sense including locking your vehicle when you exit and all your doors after dusk makes an amazing difference sometimes.
    Has this guy ever stepped foot out of whatever gated community he lives in?

Now I have never been to where Temple is, but from the descriptions I have read on here numerous times, it sounds a bit like Bolton Hill to Mt Vernon in Baltimore, in fact maybe even worst. I went to MICA, the art college in Baltimore, and many students live in the nearby neighborhoods, plus they have a good bit of student housing available, also within Bolton Hill. The school and Bolton Hill are in proximity to some of the shittiest areas of Baltimore. Bolton Hill and Mt Vernon are where alot of students rent places to live, and by themselves are not low income areas. The homes that are single family owned are fancy rowhouses and brownstones. However, the ghetto trash borders the area, and therefore, the ghetto trash sees many criminal opportunities in robbing the "rich" people. When I lived there, students and the general neighbors would get robbed, cars broken into/stolen, threatened by surly charactors, and one student in my class was raped outside her door. You can't leave anything in sight in your car, even some loose coins , or the druggies and trash will break the window and see what they can steal. Nobody left doors unlocked period, and window bars were on most houses. Car and house windows would get rocks etc thrown at them and get broken. Cars all had car alarms and the Club unless it was a really shitty old car, and some multi units and probably all single family houses had security systems or big dogs within. All day and all night you hear sirens. At night you could hear kids on speed bikes on North Ave, and now and then gun shots. By my 3rd year down there I was hearing shooting about every night coming from blocks away. One time when I was away, my housemate told me that 1 night there was some guy being chased and shot at in the little park behind our row. Oh and she had lived there several years and been robbed, purse snatched, ect, a bunch of times.

Of course many students were probably of the cluelessness of the idiot gamer when they first arrived, but after being robbed with a gun in your face, you wise up! It is too bad MD is so anti gun, as I bet some of the people living there, both students and the single family home owners, would be carrying. I did turn 21 and was still living there, but the extreme stress and my wacky hormones had me so bad, that I didn't want to own any guns. I had my big dog and he had served me well as a substitute open carry. The place I rented was so dumpy looking that no one ever tried to break in LOL. Some kids did throw rocks at a window one time and broke it. I also had this lady next door who had a drug dealer b-friend, and he abused her. One night they were really arguing badly and I lay on the floor for hours afraid he might start shooting and bullets would come through the wall. I don't know why I didn't call the cops- probably just fear of the drug dealer boyfriend- Baltimore is the Stop Snitchin' capital, and was then too. At some point the woman was able to ditch the guy, as he stopped coming around at some point ( knowing B-more, he was probably murdered by another drug dealer somewhere on the nearby mean streets).

This was when I first thought about citizen carry alot, and I used to fantasize about vigilantes. I had no idea of MD's may-issue status, and in fact thought everywhere was anti carry. I was partly right about other states. Back then, only a handful of states were shall-issue, and I would have had to think deep a whole week had I heard of open carry being legal in several states without even needing a permit!
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lancaster County)

I've been in many debates like this one.

Frankly, if he even actually owns a gun, he should get rid of it. If you're not going to use it when you need it, then you shouldn't have it.

His solution is to live in fear. "Oh no, there's crime and scary looking people around here...I better tuck my tail between my legs and go away!" That's his attitude!

Owning a gun, knowing how to use it, and having the willpower to actually do so, enables people to live life without this fear. My gun, and my knowledge about it's use allows me to live where I want, and travel wherever I want. I don't have to avoid driving through rough neighborhoods, I don't have to miss opportunities to visit friends or family because they live in rough neighborhoods. In your case, you can go to school where you want to, regardless of the fact that there is danger there.

Moving away just because a bunch of animals think they can rule the streets through fear and intimidation is nothing less than waving a white flag and surrendering to them. Sorry buddy, it doesn't work that way for me.

There is something to be said for common sense. If I have a choice as to whether to move to a neighborhood with drug dealers on the street corners, versus one without them, clearly, I'll choose the latter.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. More often than not, neighborhoods are perfectly nice places to live and then later, the criminal element starts laying claim. It is not realistic for people to just pick up and move, even if it is in the interest of common sense.

Despite what that guy said, it is not in fact easier to move than it is to buy a gun. It's actually quite easy to buy a gun, it's easy to buy ammunition for that gun as well. With a little practice, it's not all that hard to hit things with it either. It is however, quite difficult for a college student to break a lease on a property, find a new one (especially now that they will have a bad reference), provide transportation for themselves to school now that they live so far away, and to pack up all their stuff and move it to a different location.

Yeah, based on simplicity alone, I'd opt for a trip to the gun shop.

(Westmoreland County)

Screwball! You were right in naming him "Idiot". What paradise does he live in, I maight want to move there. Hmm, doubt it.
    Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.

(Bucks County)

What's really hilarious is that he starts the argument by saying that you don't need home security via firearm because "locking up your shit" will do the trick, and you've watched too many cop movies, making you paranoid. However, he immediately then switches his point by telling you to move out of "the ghetto" since the Temple area IS in fact a place where there are "gangbangers" trying to break in your house. He proves his initial point to be wrong two verbal exchanges in...thus validating actually owning a shotgun north of Spring Garden St. Basically he proved himself wrong by trying not to be wrong...IDIOT

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

(Adams County)

Uniballin, I agree with most that you have to say, HOWEVER, if I had three attempted and one successful break in at my apartment within a week I'd be finding a new place to live. No excuses. Get a car, get a bike, something so you can get to classes. A job at Mickey D's to pay the train or bus fare?

Maybe you could find some of the Gun Owner signs with a revolver pointing straight ahead. They may do the trick. =)

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boats_N_Hoes View Post
    Uniballin, I agree with most that you have to say, HOWEVER, if I had three attempted and one successful break in at my apartment within a week I'd be finding a new place to live. No excuses. Get a car, get a bike, something so you can get to classes. A job at Mickey D's to pay the train or bus fare?

Maybe you could find some of the Gun Owner signs with a revolver pointing straight ahead. They may do the trick. =)
    I'm out of there in 2 weeks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast