Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Enfield No.4 MKI Long Branch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. 4 MKI, 1944 Long Branch. Ser. 601L8XXX, stamped on receiver metal between butt stock and stock, also on receiver. F/52 stamped in front of serial number on receiver. Looks like 3(F)FTR lightly electro penciled on receiver behind the MK I stamping. Just below the charging bridge. F52 stamped on magazine follower and cocking piece. Bolt head stamped 2. Flip rear sight marked 300/600. Mag stamped same serial number as rifle. Metal is a grey park, bolt handle is electo penciled same as serial number, has some tarnish on it.

Wood, Butt stock and stock are not the same shade, butt stock is darker. Grooved rear handguard. All wood is in A1 shape. NO cracks, dings, gouges, chips, only a few light marks. 33 stamped behind trigger guard. 78 stamped behind stacking swivel. Wood looks like it has had a light coat of finish put on it. The stocks on our Garand SG's should look so nice. There IS a blemish or some type of light stain on the stock just below the serial number. As if a drop of paint fell on the wood and someone tried to wipe it off. It shows in the pics. I think it can be lifted without changing the finish of the wood. Even if it can't, the LACK of any other marks makes up for this one oops. Brass butt plate needs some tarnex.

Bore is not a mirror but it is shiny and the grooves/lands look strong. Barrel is stamped on the right side in front of front sight, ".303''2 2'' and below that it is stamped "18*tons". NO import marks, that I can find. Overall, a pretty little rifle. Nicest military piece my pal had in his small collection.

Asking $350.00 plus shipping/ins to your FFL, lower 48. Rifle is SPF

Please e-mail for pics.

Thanks, Tom(AJ100)
    Last edited by AJ100; November 26th, 2009 at 09:17 PM.