Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Leg drop Dan Wesson holster.

As we know we can't hunt with a semi handgun so I got my Dan .357 but I also carry a rifle most of the time and got sick of smacking it on the butt of the revolver. So I looked and never found a good one. Well there's a great tactical store outside Little Creek that the "teams" visit so I tried there, no joy but checking out the parts bins I was able to come up with a set up using my Uncle Mikes holster. It broke during early Doe. CTD had a Blackhawk holster for under $20 so now it's a complete system.

The old one-

Outside

Inside- I made 2 cuts and sealed them with superglue, ran the strap through and then put on the clips.

Sorry for the self pics

I like how I have it set up on the loop, the strap slides nicely for when I get in and out of truck and I can adjust ride hight. It also rides nice in the woods I can even run with it on.

Best of all- all parts combined it still was under $50
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Default Re: Leg drop Dan Wesson holster.

i like that for an every day carry set up. nicely done

(Westmoreland County)

Nice homemade leg drop holster. Good job.

(Adams County)

I got out my old UTG holster that I bought for about $20 almost a year ago. When I got it, I didn't really do much with it, i just ordered it because I was placing a large order and it was cheap. I knew that I wanted to mess with a "thigh rig" someday.

I got it out Friday night and adjusted everything. I wore it around the house, and outside in the yard doing work with my XD45 Tactical Blue gun in it, to see if I liked it.

Sunday I went to the range and took the holster and my 4" GP100 that I usually carry in the woods with me when I hunt. I also didn't care for the belt holster, especially because I wear bibs.

It works well as long as I keep the strap over the back. Otherwise it falls out when my I sit in my truck. I also attached a single speed-loader pouch to it. All I could find was the camo one. I have a black one somewhere. I think it will be my field rig this year.

Crappy cellphone pic doesn't show the holster well. Here is the pic from the website.

Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Monroe County)

I looked into doing that but none of them really fit it right, like how your muzzle is sticking out. Also being I could not try them out I didn't risk CTD and hit local tac store and the avg leg drop was $90 and again did not fit right. So I made my own. It hit 5 of the 7 hunting years. (forgot in VA 1 year, deployed 2nd) So I think it lasted ok. I like the speed loader pouch thought about it and decided no, now you got me thinking again.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Adams County)

Having the muzzle stick out isn't ideal, but I don't see a problem with it. I wasn't even planning to use it for my GP, but when I was going to the range, I decided to give it a try.

I got 2 single pouches and 3 packs of Bianchi speed strips at a gun show for $1 each. I figured I might as well carry a reload, and that spot was as good as any.

Although, the way my schedule is shaping up, I might only make it out once this year.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President