Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default 9/11 Changed Everything - UGH

How many times have you heard this after questioning some stupid new regulation with a bank or other business. Well I heard it again today and I just had to shake my head and mutter (yeah 9/11 changed how much easier it is for the government to fuck us)

I was on the phone with an adjuster for my insurance company trying to get my son a fair market price for his totaled car when I mentioned their $25 a day rental fee didn't even cover the cheapest car Enterprise (in NJ) had. She asked what I meant. I told her they had called and said he would have to pay 4 something extra over the $25 out of pocket because of tax and some $5 a day fee.

She was curious and really did want to help me out so she called them with me on the line. After some mumbling around we got to this extra $5 per day fee and here's where I started shaking my head.

The fee is in NY & NJ and is a "Homeland security tax" on all car & truck rentals, airline tickets and some other things.

After we got off the phone with Enterprise I mumbled something about another way the government got their hands in our pocket and she said:

"well you know, everything changed after 9/11" ... UGH. Now I will say she was a very nice person and a resident of Pa. but PLEASE.

I just boggles my mind that these people accept that crap, they really accept that being taxed more in the name of "security" is okay, they accept their privacy being invaded all in the name of "national security" ... in many ways they have invited the devil through the door.

Yeah 9/11 changed everything, it turned the bulk of the American people into scared little sheep that will accept damn near anything as long as they feel safe.

Where the hell did the hard fighting, never accept defeat, damn the torpedos full steam ahead American people go?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: 9/11 Changed Everything - UGH

If only we had those fees in place before the attacks, 9/11 would have never happened.

Now I'm not one of the folks who think the gubment planned 9/11 or anything, but DAMN if they didn't take advantage of it. Guess that includes enterprise as well.

By the way, my posts now include a 2$ security fee. Will that be cash or charge, dc?

Believe me, it was just another reason to "TAX" us...I want the patriot act to expire like the 94 assault weapons ban...it just needs to go away and with it, TSA, Homeland Security, and downsize the Fed Gov by 50%...just my way of thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    How many times have you heard this after questioning some stupid new regulation with a bank or other business. Well I heard it again today and I just had to shake my head and mutter (yeah 9/11 changed how much easier it is for the government to fuck us)

I was on the phone with an adjuster for my insurance company trying to get my son a fair market price for his totaled car when I mentioned their $25 a day rental fee didn't even cover the cheapest car Enterprise (in NJ) had. She asked what I meant. I told her they had called and said he would have to pay 4 something extra over the $25 out of pocket because of tax and some $5 a day fee.

She was curious and really did want to help me out so she called them with me on the line. After some mumbling around we got to this extra $5 per day fee and here's where I started shaking my head.

The fee is in NY & NJ and is a "Homeland security tax" on all car & truck rentals, airline tickets and some other things.

After we got off the phone with Enterprise I mumbled something about another way the government got their hands in our pocket and she said:

"well you know, everything changed after 9/11" ... UGH. Now I will say she was a very nice person and a resident of Pa. but PLEASE.

I just boggles my mind that these people accept that crap, they really accept that being taxed more in the name of "security" is okay, they accept their privacy being invaded all in the name of "national security" ... in many ways they have invited the devil through the door.

Yeah 9/11 changed everything, it turned the bulk of the American people into scared little sheep that will accept damn near anything as long as they feel safe.

Where the hell did the hard fighting, never accept defeat, damn the torpedos full steam ahead American people go?
    They are dying off, at an alarming rate, expected, since they are all in their 80's at least....

WWII vets, are who I am referring to.....

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    They are dying off, at an alarming rate, expected, since they are all in their 80's at least....

WWII vets, are who I am referring to.....
    Yeah I'll tell you what, had either of my grandfathers been alive to see this shit, especially grandpa Meador, they would have been as disgusted (if not more so) as I am ... they didn't tolerate that whiny pity me bullshit. Guess that's one reason I am like I am. Grandpa Meador (my dad's dad ... long story Dalton is my adopted name) would have ripped everyone and anyone that pulled that kind of shit around him an asshole 4' across.

I can almost hear him now, "get off your butt, pull up your bootstraps, stop pitying yourself and get out there and fight this crap" ... damn I do miss that man.