Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Christie good for 2A?

Just a thought here, but does anyone feel our neighbors to the east may be in a better position to urge reform on New Germany carry laws now that Chris Christie has been elected governor? Republicans are traditionally more pro-2A than democrats, (not always, but it usually appears this way), and I was wondering if now that Jersey has a Republican executive, whether or not this would be the time for our neighbors to start contacting the administration about making it easier for law-abiding gun owners to obtain carry licenses/permits, or whatever they're called in N.J. I suppose this could come in the form of a switch from "may issue" to "shall issue," but perhaps other reforms could be in the works. Of course, I'm sure us Keystone Staters would be willing to lend our neighbors a helping hand in the form or letter writing campaigns and the like. I was also thinking this would be a benfit in terms of getting Jersey to recognize PA LTCF's, although I'm not holding my breath on that one. Any feedback?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Christie good for 2A?

He wont do a thing to help. Write letters anyway but a governor isn't going to make a difference, you need a reasonable legislative body to really change anything over there.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyec View Post
    Just a thought here, but does anyone feel our neighbors to the east may be in a better position to urge reform on New Germany carry laws now that Chris Christie has been elected governor? Republicans are traditionally more pro-2A than democrats, (not always, but it usually appears this way), and I was wondering if now that Jersey has a Republican executive, whether or not this would be the time for our neighbors to start contacting the administration about making it easier for law-abiding gun owners to obtain carry licenses/permits, or whatever they're called in N.J. I suppose this could come in the form of a switch from "may issue" to "shall issue," but perhaps other reforms could be in the works. Of course, I'm sure us Keystone Staters would be willing to lend our neighbors a helping hand in the form or letter writing campaigns and the like. I was also thinking this would be a benfit in terms of getting Jersey to recognize PA LTCF's, although I'm not holding my breath on that one. Any feedback?

(Lehigh County)

From what I've read about him, Christie wants to maintain the status quo on the gun laws front. This is not good, but it's arguably better than an idiot governor who advocates for even more insane laws.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    He wont do a thing to help. Write letters anyway but a governor isn't going to make a difference, you need a reasonable legislative body to really change anything over there.
    Agreed. Jersey is so corrupt, him being a "Republican" doesn't mean a thing. Jersey is too far gone, forget about the place.

It's a good thought though! One can hope, but in this case that's the limit that one can do.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    From what I've read about him, Christie wants to maintain the status quo on the gun laws front. This is not good, but it's arguably better than an idiot governor who advocates for even more insane laws.
    This.

I don't think the question is "Will Christie be good for 2A?" but rather "Will Christie be bad for 2A?"

I don't see him planting the flag for freedom in PRNJ, but I don't see him ripping it out of the ground, either.

I also vote for "status quo."
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Berks County)

Christie is on the record as stated he supports "common sense gun laws". That means he's not going to help the pro-2A cause in NJ in the slightest. I too believe he's a "status quo" guy on this issue. He doesn't want to offend his base, but doesn't want to anger the overwhelming Democratic majority by pushing a pro-2A agenda. Plus, I honestly don't think he believes a pro-2A agenda is the right thing to do.

Remember, R's in NJ are like Blue Dog D's in PA. They're more centrist on some issues, but their overall beliefs are still well left of the average conservative.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Delaware County)

All valid points/thoughts. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. I guess I don't know enough about Christie's record, either as a politician or as U.S. Attorney, (these days, I guess that's one in the same, although Corbett surprised me with his indictment of the R's), to really formulate an opinion.
    However, have you guys lost ALL hope for N.J.? I guess I ask for personal reasons; my family has a summer home there, my girlfriend's family lives there, and I suppose I would just love the opportunity to legal carry my firearm over the Ben Franklin one of these days without fear of prosectution. Believe me, I try to stay on this side of the bridge as much as possible, but the future would look so much brighter should the insane legislators in N.J. actually take a good look at 2A in their state, for it would certainly help us Pennsylvanians who (sometimes have to) venture over the Delaware.

He wont do a thing for 2A, his record shows that and as was said before their legislature is so anti-2A it's not funny.

Funny too, he was on the news the other night and basically said all his campaign promises as far as taxes and spending wouldn't happen, this right after he was shown the budget and state costs. So no lower property taxes, no new employment pushes (he actually mentioned more cuts in employment) etc etc.

I've see a million politicians reverse their campaign promises once in office but I think this is the first time I've seen one do it before they were even sworn in.

Now I hated Corzine, that man was just an absolute idiot but this guy still gives me an 'uneasy' feeling. Every time I see his pic I hear the Sopranos theme in my head. I honestly think that behind that 'corruption exposing politician' there is some major corruption going on. Could be wrong, guess we shall see.

(Jefferson County)

You have to remember that NJ's, and a few other states', Republicans are as conservative as PA's Democrats.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You have to remember that NJ's, and a few other states', Republicans are as conservative as PA's Democrats.
    The morning man on NJ101.5 calls NJ rebublicans 'Democrat lite'...

I used to enjoy his rantings when I was wearing a groove in I-78 each morning...

Christie has locked up alot of crooked NJ politicians and that may be why he won, in addition to Corslime's arrogance...State workers are all running scared that he's gonna balance the budget at the expense of their jobs...

Funny how he does look like he could be one of the thugs on the Sopranos....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast