Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default At Least We Know Where We Stand

Compare. US Attorney General Eric Holder today (on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed):

“I have every confidence the nation and the world will see him for the coward he is,” Holder says in a written version of his remarks obtained by The Associated Press. “I’m not scared of what (Mohammed) will have to say at trial - and no one else needs to be either.”

US Attorney General Eric Holder last February
    (on his fellow citizens):

“Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards,” Holder said.

It's bizarre when you juxtapose those words if you ask me. The most emotional word this guy can elicit to describe Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is the word he describes his nation as.

I know the topic's been covered, but I don't think of bringing Gitmo's enemy combatants to US Federal Court (instead of tried and true military courts per Geneva Conventions non-uniformed enemy combatant rules) as conferring US Constitutional rights on them-

Instead, I think of it as setting a precedent in US Courts for civilians to be arrested without being mirandized, interrogated harshly, detained without trial for an extensive period of time, and tried in the harshest venue possible.

Oh yeah, I'm full of crap, paranoid, delusional, just an "O" hater. But otherwise unnecessary criminalization of political opposition to this administration started already with the DHS memos. Phase 4 Doesn't start until Phase 3 is complete. Trying these guys in civilian courts is part of Phase 3.
    Last edited by steve762; November 18th, 2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Steve762