Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default My Film Review: "2012"

On Saturday, against my desires, my girlfriend dragged me to see "2012."

To sum it up: epic special effects, combined with a hilariously BAD script. This movie is so awful, it's funny. I found myself laughing out loud throughout the film. Woody Harrelson is AWESOME, and John Cusack is awesomly BAD in this film.

The one-liners are beautiful. "It's big!" "Da, is Russian." is one such example. The plane ride sequence most of us saw in the preview PALES IN COMPARISON to another plane ride sequence. You will be pissing yourself, it is THAT funny.

Twice in the movie I was moved to applause. Two intensely beautiful moments that I could only pray for, and I nearly wept with joy. Granted, I was the only one applauding in this packed theatre. My girlfriend was horrified by my spontaneous joy. (This is not giving anything away, no plot is ruined, but if you want to see these moments, highlight between the asterisks.)

California breaking off and sinking into the ocean. Beautiful! An absolutely beautiful moment!

The aircraft carrier "JFK" being carried on a tsunami and falling directly on the White House and Danny Glover, who plays the President. I about cried from how lovely this was.

Hilarity ensues in this movie. In the end, a "cataclysmic moment" when a large number of others can be saved, you will have a coronary when you see who steps to the plate and votes to save them.

Previously, my favorite "so bad it's good" movie was "Battlefield Earth," which I actually own on DVD and never miss when it's on TV. "2012" replaces this movie as my favorite craptastic shitfest of all time. "2012" is shallow, trite, filled with leftist propaganda, terrible in almost every way, yet 100% worth it to sit through and laugh at. Two thumbs up. Go see it!

(York County)

Default Re: My Film Review: "2012"

This is precisely why I didn't go see the movie. I saw the first plane ride scene in the preview and I knew this movie was not for me. way too over the top. In a bad way.

(Chester County)

I'm gonna see it this weekend. I love a total "end of the world" type disaster movie. "The Day After Tomorrow", "The Core", "Deep Impact" and "Armageddon" are some of my favorites. 2012 is right up my alley.

I'm going into the theater with low expectations on plot and script. I want to see the special effects. That's why I'm going.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Monroe County)

I figured I would see this movie for one reason only. I'm a big apocalyptic/post apoc film/literature fan. I had a feeling the movie wasn't going to be very good, but I wanted to see how the director portrayed the earths' demise.

Well, it was such garbage I got up somewhere between the middle and end of the film and walked out. I couldn't continue wasting my time with such hollywood over the top bullshit. Luckily I see all my movies for free, otherwise I probably would have finished it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Centre County)

I'm sure it's funny for its crappiness, but I won't pay 8 bucks to see it. I'll wait 'til it's at the dollar theater or on DVD.

But take away the hollywood hype and look at the myan calendar, when the planets align it's going to cause cataclysmic events never imagined, but wait the planets already align every yr? there goes that theory.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Westmoreland County)

I'll watch it...I enjoy watching movies, even the bad ones! LOL Sometimes, those low budget SyFy films are just as good if not better than a big Hollywood block buster! But I don't care...I'll watch anything!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Lehigh County)

Ah, yes... the movie which taught us that someone with a few single-engine aircraft lessons under their belt could outfly the Blue Angels.

Without giving too much away, I bet whoever thought it was a good idea to pack up those giraffes and rhinos probably felt really dumb at the end.

I kept hoping Roy Scheider would pop up in a cameo and say:

(drum roll please):

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

(Pike County)

Probably go see it this week. I'm a biggr fan of Lit. (Patriots, One Second After (my Favorite) and currently reading The Road. But could always use a good laugh.
    hgsw67

Been disappointed with allota the disaster and remakes lately ... I'll wait and rent this one for a buck from the library when it comes out on dvd.

'The Day The Earth Stood Still' remake is another classic example of someone in Hollywood must have owed someone else big-time. A really good story they could have expanded on and made into a blockbuster with todays special effects. For this reason I didn't bother to see it in the theater and made the mistake of just purchasing it assuming so, and only kept it because it contained the original version ... Original is far better than the remake in my opinion ... has more meaning behind it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast