Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default 7mm Loads Needed

Looking for any 7mm Rem Mag Loads with nickel brass? or if anyone here might know why a gun doesn't wouldn't shoot well with nickel cases? I have alot of nickel cases but so far I have no use for them.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: 7mm Loads Needed

Nickeled brass will load and shoot just as well as normal brass. its what you load in them that matters.

Tim

(Lawrence County)

Yeah, it's probably bullet weight or another issue. Failsafe's used to come in nickle brass and I could never get those to shoot in my 7mm mag or 7STW.

Lycankeeptheblingbrassthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Dauphin County)

Well I loaded some up before to test whether the cases made a difference and the groups doubled in size with the nickel so I just havent used them again. I am working on another attempt with hornady 139gr SST and IMR 4831. I guess this is the fun of reloading. But its just much more fun when the loads work well.

(Armstrong County)

Buckster, I use nickel cases in my 7 mag and have never had any problems. Some of my friends don't like reloading them for some odd reason but I can't say that case life is any different than standard brass. My rifle likes 63 grains of H4831sc and CCI mag. primer topped off with a 150 gr. Sierra Gameking. I have also used them in calibers ranging from .222 Rem. to .338 Win. Mag. with similar results. If you don't want the cases throw a number on 'em let me know how much.
    I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

(Dauphin County)

Well my latest attempt produced the same results. That was with 139gs SST. I will try another bullet, perhaps the sierras that worked for you. If it works well I'll keep them if not I'll sell 50 of em. The ones I sell would be new unfiired cases. I'll have to see.

(Lawrence County)

I could never get a SST to run under 1.5 moa in the 7. I had to load them too long and then they wouldn't fit in the mag.

The Combined Technology Ballistic Tip was best with the Accubond close behind. I load them out to mag length and start low on the charges. I then load lots of 4 rounds in .3-.5 grain increments. The groups cycle in and out.

Lycanfindthesweetspotthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Jefferson County)

I've never reloaded with the nickle brass. Ive reloaded for a 7mm-08 and it would not shoot the lighter bullets, moved up to the 154sp, Thing shoots like a dream.

I had some 139 grain sst left, so I tried some for a 7mm rem mag, I used the reloader 15(because i had it on hand), And first shots out of my dads gun produced an inch and a quarter at 100 yards. He was happy with it, and the money he saved too from buying stock ammo.
    they're selling make believe and we don't buy that here

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    I could never get a SST to run under 1.5 moa in the 7. I had to load them too long and then they wouldn't fit in the mag.

The Combined Technology Ballistic Tip was best with the Accubond close behind. I load them out to mag length and start low on the charges. I then load lots of 4 rounds in .3-.5 grain increments. The groups cycle in and out.

Lycanfindthesweetspotthrope
    This is my experience exactly. The SSTs shoot 1.5in and the CT Ballistic Silvertip shoot 0.5in. Its nice to here about the Accubonds since I have some in the mail on the way right now.