Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig 239

(Allegheny County)

Default Sig 239

Recently bought a two tone Sig 239. Took it home, cleaned it and went to the range. I've always owned Sig's and being an ex-marine I have always used Grease on my guns.so that is what I used on the 239. The gun would not feed two rounds in a row and the slide would not lock back when the magazine was empty. I own 7 other Sigs and never had any problems at all. Some I shot directly out of the box with no trouble. I took the 239 home and cleaned the Tetra gun grease off, cleaned it thoroughly and lubed it with weapons shield. Took it back to the range, fired 250 rounds of 9mm UMC without any problems at all. This is the first Sig that I've had that would not run on grease better than oil.

Default Re: Sig 239

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have a 239 on lay-away now.

(Allegheny County)

My all German P239 won't run with grease either. The tolerances are too tight and the grease just slows the slide down too much. My newer all German P226 was similar right up until the 800rnd mark and now runs fine with grease. I use the Weaponshield grease.

(Allegheny County)

You didn't say where you put the grease. However, since you own so many one can assume that you are only greasing the rails? I grease my rails on my P226 and P220 rack the slide several times and then wipe off the grease at the ends of the rails. I assume that the P239 is different and less tolerant of this? Obviously, if you don't grease, how much oil do you put on the rails?

(Allegheny County)

I only grease the rails. When I use oil I apply it liberally to more of the gun.

No such thing as "Ex-marine!" Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Semper Fi!