Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Best Buy Giving Away FREE Iphone 3GS on Black Friday

Best Buy is offering a FREE Iphone 3GS with a contract upgrade this black friday.

My contract has been up for renewal since some time during the summer. I've been toying with getting the Iphone 3GS but for 200$ I always found other things to spend my money on. However, since my contract is up for renewal, a FREE iphone 3gs is looking pretty great.

My only problem is, I hear apple has a new iphone coming out some time in spring 2010. I don't want to buy this then be screwed because the new one comes out 3 months later.

Besides that, anyone have any pro's con's on the iphone 3gs?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Best Buy Giving Away FREE Iphone 3GS on Black Friday

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Best Buy is offering a FREE Iphone 3GS with a contract upgrade this black friday.

My contract has been up for renewal since some time during the summer. I've been toying with getting the Iphone 3GS but for 200$ I always found other things to spend my money on. However, since my contract is up for renewal, a FREE iphone 3gs is looking pretty great.

My only problem is, I hear apple has a new iphone coming out some time in spring 2010. I don't want to buy this then be screwed because the new one comes out 3 months later.

Besides that, anyone have any pro's con's on the iphone 3gs?
    Can you post a link or something in referance to this, Just got the iphone but if i can confirm this i will return it tommorow

(Lancaster County)

Problem with this deal is you HAVE to get the data plan with it. You can not just get a PDA phone anymore for it features. ATT makes you upgrade to the data plan , an additional $35 a month if you want a PDA phone. I just checked into this a couple of weeks ago. Considering I already pay over $100 a month for the family plan and 2 phones they are not getting anymore of my money.
    No longer posting

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post
    Can you post a link or something in referance to this, Just got the iphone but if i can confirm this i will return it tommorow
    I'll do my research for you tommorow I'm heading out to meet some friends in a few.

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Problem with this deal is you HAVE to get the data plan with it. You can not just get a PDA phone anymore for it features. ATT makes you upgrade to the data plan , an additional $35 a month if you want a PDA phone. I just checked into this a couple of weeks ago. Considering I already pay over $100 a month for the family plan and 2 phones they are not getting anymore of my money.
    I agree with everything you're saying. Fortunately for me, my father covers my cell phone expenses. I guess it's his way of making up for not being there when I was a kid LOL. If I had to cover my own cell phone, I can tell you right now the Iphone would be out of the question, as the bill would come to over 100 a month, for a stinkin cell phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lehigh County)

Verizon does the same thing, but if your just looking for pda features I understand that the TREO is the only one you do not need to upgrade to a data plan, but then again that was a couple of months ago.
    TET 68 Survivor --- U. S. Navy 1963 - 1972

(Delaware County)

Yeah, I'd rather NOT get trampled in the process so I'll stay home and watch the madness on TV.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Not going near that for anything... the blueshirts at Best Buy can't get anything done in under 2 hours when it comes to cell phones, and they seldom, if ever, get it right on the first try. I'd be tied up on line for 5 hours and it still wouldn't get done right and I'd get a bill for it, and I'd miss out on all the other deals (perhaps their real motivation)...

There's also the fact that it's an Apple product and I refuse to associate myself with that crowd.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    Not going near that for anything... the blueshirts at Best Buy can't get anything done in under 2 hours when it comes to cell phones, and they seldom, if ever, get it right on the first try. I'd be tied up on line for 5 hours and it still wouldn't get done right and I'd get a bill for it, and I'd miss out on all the other deals (perhaps their real motivation)...

There's also the fact that it's an Apple product and I refuse to associate myself with that crowd.
    Hey. some of us are gun owners, but yeah, I think I know what you mean.

Emptynotatrendyboneinmybodymag
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

that's any company though....but really, what good is a pda-type phone without using it's capabilities? what I'm trying to say is..why would you buy say an iphone if you don't expect to use it for everything that it does?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather NOT get trampled in the process so I'll stay home and watch the madness on TV.
    Golf spikes man... golf shoes are a necessity for shopping that day. Provides traction if you're lucky enough to end up on your feet when scaling the human wall at the door.

Bear spray is less subtle, but may be needed.
    F*S=k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast