Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Gun control rant!

[rant]

OK. I need to get this out of my system.

"Fewer guns means less gun violence."

Looking back on history, we know this to be untrue. There has never been a restrictive gun law passed that resulted in lower gun violence. This is because criminals love gun laws. I've seen numerous interviews with incarcerated felons where they say, "yeah, we love the gun laws."

Criminals like gun control because it makes them safer. They have better odds when robbing someone if they know it's illegal for that person to carry a weapon.

I grew up in Vermont. Vermont has virtually total gun freedom. And guess what? It also has an incredibly low crime rate. I'd be scared to break into a house in Vermont, because chances are, that homeowner has a handgun next to his bed. It's called a level playing field. I thing you've got one, you think I've got one, therefore, we're not going to mess with each other.

"Gun-free zones."

This is possibly the worst concept ever devised relating to gun safety. Do you know what "gun-free zone" means? I'll translate: "Please come and massacre us, you don't have to worry about us fighting back, because this is a gun-free zone and none of us are armed." Seriously people. Do you really think that a person willing to kill someone is going to give a shit about a sign telling him he can't bring a gun? "Oh, no, it's a gun-free zone. Darn it, I guess I'll have to go home, because I can't bring my gun in there." Bullshit.

"Gun Control"

I don't feel the need to post all the numbers. We've all seen them. So many times in history, after gun control is established, thousands of unarmed, innocent, defenceless people have been rounded up and slaughtered.

So why, oh why, do so many ignorant people still push for more gun control? Do they want to be rounded up and exterminated? Of course not. So why, then, do they ignore the facts? Every time I tell someone that gun control puts law-abiding citizens in more danger, they look at me like I have tentacles growing from my ears. "But that doesn't make any sense? How could you possible believe that? Less guns = less gun crime! It's simple!"

I try to give people facts, statistics, numbers. They tell me I'm wrong, that I must have false info, because there's no way that gun control can be a bad thing. I ask them, what proof do you have? Big surprise, they have no proof! But even though they have no evidence to back up their theory, and I have tons of evidence to back up mine, they still insist that they're right.

Why is America so fucking ignorant???

[/rant]
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Gun control rant!

me = choir
    you = preaching

answer: because its about PEOPLE control, not gun control.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Monroe County)

I think there are several reasons for people not understanding your point.

1) good indoctrination from Brady Bunch and other anti-gun groups
    2) their knowledge is gained or reinforced by Hollywood, Tv, Media
    3) many people think with emotions as oppossed to facts.

(York County)

They don't want you to have anything that they can't have, and they can't have guns because they are afraid of them.

Not very evolved, are they?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

+1 to all you counter culture 2A enthusiasts. Self reliance is the name of the game. Gun owners tend to rely on their own abilities instead of looking to the nanny state to provide whatever they want.

Keep your powder dry.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lackawanna County)

Think of it from a social engineering perspective: If you're disallowed the liberty to defend yourself and your property from those who would harm and rob you, would you not become more dependent upon those who want to offer you "protection"?

That, I believe, is at the core of all attacks on the RKBA. Societal control through rendering the common people helpless and ensuring their dependence upon those in positions of "authority."

(York County)

The problem as I see is that we in this country are SPOILED ROTTEN.
    People are anti gun because they have not been in a position to fear for their life with no way to defend themselves. They have been coddled for so long by their family, their employer, the government that they have lost their sense of self reliance.
    We enjoy the highest standard of living in the world and because of that many people have lost sight of how we got there and what we need to do to maintain our way of life.
    They have also lost sight that there are people and groups of people, both in this country and in the world that:
    1. feel guilty of this and feel we are undeserving and should give it away
    2. are very jealous of our life standard of living and will do what ever they can to destroy it or take it away
    3. hate us because of our nations success and want to see us "knocked down a peg or two".

but again this is just my opinion.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NY Refugee View Post
    The problem as I see is that we in this country are SPOILED ROTTEN.
    People are anti gun because they have not been in a position to fear for their life with no way to defend themselves. They have been coddled for so long by their family, their employer, the government that they have lost their sense of self reliance.
    We enjoy the highest standard of living in the world and because of that many people have lost sight of how we got there and what we need to do to maintain our way of life.
    They have also lost sight that there are people and groups of people, both in this country and in the world that:
    1. feel guilty of this and feel we are undeserving and should give it away
    2. are very jealous of our life standard of living and will do what ever they can to destroy it or take it away
    3. hate us because of our nations success and want to see us "knocked down a peg or two".

but again this is just my opinion.
    Sounds just like those in the White House.

(Lehigh County)

Even if (and that's a big if) this statement were true, why is gun violence worse than any other type of violence? You can just as easily be killed with a knife, shovel, baseball bat, car, or even a pillow... You reduce gun violence without addressing the underlying cause of violence in society, and you just pave the way for more of every other type of violence (as seen in Britain now).
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post

Even if (and that's a big if) this statement were true, why is gun violence worse than any other type of violence? You can just as easily be killed with a knife, shovel, baseball bat, car, or even a pillow... You reduce gun violence without addressing the underlying cause of violence in society, and you just pave the way for more of every other type of violence (as seen in Britain now).
    Are you kidding, you want them to use logic and reasoning. It's easier to use lies and scare tactics to inflame the sheep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast