Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Defensive Handgun I

Class Schedule: 9:00 AM through 5:00 PM

Gun sales and gun permit applications are at an all time high. Many states that issue concealed carry permits mandate that CCW applicants provide proof of completion of a minimum firearms safety training curriculum. However, if you carry or intend to carry a handgun for personal protection, you owe it to yourself and those you love to obtain a level of training that will enable you to develop measurable competence in firearms handling and precision defensive shooting. We are proud to announce that Personal Defense Solutions will now be scheduling training classes to prepare students to develop such competence.

The first level of training will be provided in our Defensive Handgun I Class. This course is designed to put the responsible adult handgun owner on the fast track to developing competence in using a handgun for personal protection. After taking our training, you will have learned the essential knowledge, skills and abilities to prepare you to successfully handle nearly any personal protection situation. These are skills you cannot afford not to know if you own and carry a gun.

Utah, Florida and Virginia Non-resident Multi-State CCW Permits: This 8-hour training class way exceeds the minimum training requirements for all of these CCW permits.

Pre-registered students who request it in advance will be given, at no extra charge, any or all of the application packets for the Utah, Florida, and Virginia CCW Permits. For those students, time will be set aside to study the required state gun laws. PA gun law will also be covered.

Instructors:

Bruce N. Eimer, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist, NRA Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, PA Certified Lethal Weapons Training Instructor, Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Instructor, and an Affiliate Instructor with John Farnam’s Defense Training International. Dr. Eimer is certified to teach the Farnam Method of Defensive Handgunning and is also a graduate of Massad Ayoob’s Lethal Force Institutes I and II.

Ryan D. Zalewski is an experienced martial artist, security professional, and NRA Certified Firearms Instructor.

Tuition:

PRE-REGISTRATION: Save $50 off the $300 price by pre-registering on our website: www.PersonalDefenseSolutions.net

DAY OF THE COURSE: $300. cash at the beginning of the class.

Please Note: Each class will be limited to 10 students to preserve the integrity of the training experience.

Location: Delaware Valley Sports Center, 101 Geiger Road, Philadelphia, PA 19115.

Equipment: Dress comfortably. Students may bring an unloaded personal handgun (revolver or semi-automatic pistol), a concealment holster, and 100 rounds of ammunition. Handguns will be available for students who do not have their own (please notify us at the time of registration), and holsters can be provided for use during the class for those students who have not yet found one. Ammunition can be purchased at the range shop.

Curriculum: This practical, reality-based course will teach the following knowledge, skills and abilities:

* Basic Safety Review
    * Proper Mindset
    * Judicious Use of Deadly Force
    * Aftermath of a Defensive Shooting
    * Choosing the Right Handgun
    * Choice of Ammunition
    * Maintaining and Cleaning Your Firearm
    * Holster Selection and Methods of Concealment
    * Basic Firearm Handling
    • Loading and Unloading Procedures
    • Shooting Stances and Grip
    • Sight Alignment
    • Trigger Control
    • Follow Through
    • Reloading
    • Malfunction Clearance
    * Dry Fire Practice
    * Live Fire Practice at 7 Yards
    * Drawing From a Holster
    • Dry Fire Practice; incorporating all previous elements
    • Live Fire practice
    * Basic Competency Test
    * Handgun Retention
    * Pertinent State Laws (Utah, Virginia, Florida)
    * Summary and Issuance of Certificates of Course Completion

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Defensive Handgun I

Did i read this correct. We need to buy the 100 rounds or so of ammo from the shop. We can not bring our own?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Papuppyowner View Post
    Did i read this correct. We need to buy the 100 rounds or so of ammo from the shop. We can not bring our own?
    You did read it incorrectly. You may certainly bring and use your own ammo. For those who do not choose to do so however, the gun shop at the range does sell ammo.

/Bruce Eimer

(Northampton County)

Thanks for clearing that up for me.