Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster Cost

(Dauphin County)

Default Holster Cost

ok right now i can't afford it but i am curious what people are paying average and what you would pay for a nice Leather holster to shwo off a nice shiney stainless steel 1911....

i have a custom made one for my CZ 40-P because hardly anyone makes one for them, being an odd ball pistol.. i paid if i recall $110.00 for this 4 years ago. it is an open top black cherry leather OC only with a 15 degree (F.B.I.)cant..

i was looking at a few different places that show a bit more of the gun that i like, and they mostly seem very expensive, atrting at the $125.00 range and going up from there....

opinions ? your favorite holster company/website?
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(York County)

Default Re: Holster Cost

I like Don Hume for quality and reasonable prices. I carry a Ruger SP101 in a Hume Model 721 which is quite well made (all leather) and cost about $65 including shipping.
    Last edited by RoyJackson; November 9th, 2009 at 05:37 AM.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I like Don Hume for quality and reasonable prices. I carry a Ruger SP101 in a Hume Model 721 which is quite well made (all leather) and cost about $65 including shipping.

I have to 'echo' this. Right now I am using a Don Hume H726 for my XD45 Tactical. VERY well made, VERY sturdy construction, and for an OWB holster, pulls the pistol very close. I found mine on Ebay (very slightly used) even cheaper than getting it straight from Hume, although I believe hume's price was about $65 for mine.

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

I'm a huge Milt Sparks fan. For IWB carry there is none better than the VMII. If OWB is what you like, check out the Axiom - for now it is only made for 1911 platforms. Beautiful design and since it's a Spark's you know it will be executed well.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Northampton County)

For a nice looking piece like that 1911.....I would go with a Galco FLETCH in black with or without the suede lining. Lined will be around 100$ & unlined would be around 70$.

I'm thinking RFlynn at ASS would be glad to sell you one. He probably has the largest selection / inventory of Galco holsters in the area. He's a big Galco fan.

I have a FLETCH for a 4" Ruger Security Six & am impressed with how well it works. Over time I want to get this holster for all the handguns I carry if available.

(Northampton County)

I gotta say, Milt Sparks is hard to beat. I've had mine for close to 20 years....how do you define expensive?

(Dauphin County)

thanks for the reply's fellahs, i will write those models all down and check on them when i am back to work...

as far as what i think is expensive or a holster, anything nearing or over $100.00 i think is allot fo money ...

now i know that for custome stuff i'll pay more and thats fine if i want tooling ( which i was thinking of something cool for that)...

i think up to 60-70 bucks is reasonable, and i knwo i get what i pay for and am willing to pay that if i want somethign special,, i really am thinking of getting something tooled onto a leather holster, but as of nwo not working i am just in a planning stage.
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Montgomery County)

I've got a couple Wilson Combat holsters (each around $100....both came with the gun though!) for my 1911 and they are both really nice. I've got a Kramer for my Colt DS that I picked up second hand for about $60, and it's really nice also. I'd really like to pick up a Mernickle or two though. I've heard nothing but good things for the craftsmanship and quality.

Jeff at Boom-Stick Holsters does very nice work. Unfortunately, most of his site has been down for months. I really hope he's still making holsters because the Avenger-style I bought from him this past summer is superb.

His email address is on the main page, so if you're interested, shoot him a message.

(Montgomery County)

The Cuda by Simply Rugged is a great holster, I just ordered one for my P7 after handling one for a 1911. The list cost is 60 bucks, plus shipping. IWB loops are available for an additional 10 bucks. The holster comes from Alaska, and they are indeed rugged.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/store/index.html
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast