Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Question Ammo question for Sigma SW9VE owners

I just bought a Sigma SW9VE. Before I spend good money on ammo that others have found to jam or perform poorly I like to get some input from owners of this same model. Any manufacturers I should stay away from for this gun?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ammo question for Sigma SW9VE owners

They are not too picky. I shot alot of wolf through mine with no problems at all. I found this pistol to be reliable with all types of ammo. Only problem I had was with Fedral hps, They would jam 1/100. Hope it helps

(Berks County)

I have only shot FMJ, but have had no failures of any kind yet. I've used mostly American Eagle, Winchester white box, and Blazer, along with one or two others I can't remember.

Since I've had no failures, I can't really tell you to stay away from anything in particular.

I have about a 1000 rounds thru mine, mostly WWB. I have also used Speer and Federal. 115, 124 and 147 grain. The only jams were in the beginning and I suspect they were poor control on my part...too much muzzle flip. That was during the first or second time out with it. Might have been a break in thing too, the gun was lightly used when I got it. Not a single failure since then of any kind. I like the gun but it's my first auto without a safety so I had to get used to that...it was uncomfortable at first but now it's my preferred carry, primarily because of the lack of a safety switch. Because of the first shot being DA I have to want to pull the trigger, in a defensive event I won't even notice the longer pull and any subsequent shots will have the shorter pull of SA. Nice gun, I'll report back at the 10000 round mark.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Lackawanna County)

Thanks for your input. Another question about this gun. Do they make a magazine loader for this? I was told the mag holds 16, but for the life of me I can't get that last one in.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    ....Because of the first shot being DA I have to want to pull the trigger, in a defensive event I won't even notice the longer pull and any subsequent shots will have the shorter pull of SA....
    I thought the SW9VE's are double action only?

(Luzerne County)

Thanks for your input. Another question about this gun. Do they make a magazine loader for this? I was told the mag holds 16, but for the life of me I can't get that last one in.

I'm having the same problem i only get 15.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I thought the SW9VE's are double action only?
    Yeah, major brainfart on my part there. Yesterday/last night I was teaching my wife how to use both the Sigma and an FEG 63. The FEG does DA/SA, the Sigma DAO. After a long day and last night before posting a pain med, confusion set in. Good catch there....thanks for keeping me straight. That's how we keep bad info in check.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck p View Post

I'm having the same problem i only get 15.
    Chuck
    The 16th can be put in, but it's not worth the effort for target shooting. When I carry this one I go the extra mile.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw6263 View Post
    I have succumbed to the lure of the guy at the shows - - you know, the dude sitting there with a table-full of magazins and a pile of FMJ's, filling magazine, emptying magazine, filling magazine, selling a "Lula-Loader" every now and then.

I bought two of the pistol loaders (and one of the AR loaders, as well) and with that little device, it is possible to get the 16th round in, EASILY too. The AR loader is snazzy, and it works well, and on Mini-14's too.

So, "Yes, Virginia, the Sigma magazines DO hold sixteen, and normal folks CAN load them that way, too."

Now to the original question, I have fed a bunch (thousands) of rounds through one Sigma, both FMJ and various cast lead, as well as gangs of miscellaneous ammo through a couple others, and they are not at all finicky - just as long as you don't dump a handfull of range-sand down the their gullets as well. Just be sure it is standard ammo - no pipsqueak reloads. Wolf works quite satisfactorily.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast