Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Did anyone watch Lock N Loaded last night? Question about holding a long gun

Did anyone notice how R Lee Ermey was holding the machine guns with his left hand? Gunny was holding the barrel part with his left hand twisted so his thumb on his left hand was on the right side of the gun? Is this how you're suppose to hold it? I attempted to hold my long gun with this approach and it's sore on the wrist?

You must be bored with your own life., Pennsylvania

Default Re: Did anyone watch Lock N Loaded last night? Question about holding a long gun

I saw this but I think that is just how Gunny does it. He holds all the guns in a weird way. It obviously works for him. I love this new show more than Mail Call. It is sweet!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Did anyone watch Lock N Loaded last night? Question about holding a long gun

I have noticed that, it pretty weird looking and I've never seen it before. That show is pretty cool but some of the little oversights piss me off. Like last night, they kept calling every round a 7.62mm or .30cal regardless if it was x39, x51, -06, .30carbine, etc. Also when they were measuring barrel heat, he kept praising the water-cooled M1917 for only heating up 12 degrees after sustained fire when in actuality he was taking the temp of the outside of the water cylinder and opposed to the other guns where he took temp. on the surface of the barrel. I know that just little nit-picky gun nerd shit, but it annoys me!!
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    he was taking the temp of the outside of the water cylinder and opposed to the other guns where he took temp. on the surface of the barrel. I know that just little nit-picky gun nerd shit, but it annoys me!!
    Guys must be different. I pointed this exact same thing out to my Wife, she just gave the ole' "oh" and continued on.

As for the OP, I suppose he feels it gives a more stable shooting platform. I had thought that I had seen the position in competition shooting but a quick check of images on the internet did not return any that matched it. It sure looks fancy, maybe Gunny wants us to think he is in the know

Be safe (and if it is too heavy, go prone).

Scott

(Chester County)

This show SUCKS, and it gives gun owners a bad name. How the fuck does that guy think its funny or okay to point a gun at a customer as a joke... Just another arrow for the anti's. Some of the guys from another board I am on say the guy is a complete tool, and doesn't know shit about guns...

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    This show SUCKS, and it gives gun owners a bad name. How the fuck does that guy think its funny or okay to point a gun at a customer as a joke... Just another arrow for the anti's. Some of the guys from another board I am on say the guy is a complete tool, and doesn't know shit about guns...
    You know this is the military arms show with R. Lee Ermey on the History Channel and not the one about the Gun Shop on Showtime, right?

Be safe (and get it straight SCUMBAG! (that was R. Lee Ermey saying that, not me ).

Scott

Leave ole Gunny alone! He just another retired grunt! Making money off the brain dead media! I have seen this style of shooting, albeit black powder but the Gunny is old.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    You know this is the military arms show with R. Lee Ermey on the History Channel and not the one about the Gun Shop on Showtime, right?

Be safe (and get it straight SCUMBAG! (that was R. Lee Ermey saying that, not me ).

Scott
    My bad, I apologize! I was thinking of that damn lock n load show on Showtime. My bad...

(Lancaster County)

Glad to know the rest of you saw that too and didn't ask what the hell I was talking about, lol Try shooting like that and find out how soon your wrist gets tired!

Speaking of which, in another episode when Gunny fired full autos at the waist, did you notice he held the barrel part from above, rather than below like most people.

Just thought maybe this is how they teach to shoot in the Marines

Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkii View Post
    Just thought maybe this is how they teach to shoot in the Marines
    Shhhhh, now someone will be sent to kill you for knowing to much!
    -Remember the Constitution-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast