Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default full size combat pistols

hey everyone Im turning 21 in a few months and I have narrowed two different full size military pitols i intend to use for concealed carry.either the browning highpower ,or a cz 75 stainless.

I was also thinking about that one cz that looks like the 75 but is in 45 acp. anyways I favor the traditional combat pistol,all steel frame,heavy feels good in hand,tough.

Can you all tell me the pros and cons of both? and also do they make the browning high power in stainless?

thanks everyone
    Gott mit uns

(Somerset County)

Default Re: full size combat pistols

I have no experience with the CZ but the old Browning Highpowers were one of my favorite all time pistols .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Allegheny County)

If the CZ is DA/SA I would recomend you practice and carry the HP. One consistant trigger press is much easier to learn to utilize than two distictly different ones.

(Lebanon County)

concealing a full size is not the easiest or times most comfortable under taking.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Allegheny County)

Having owned quite a few high powers over the years I would recommend one to anyone interested in getting one. They are a very reliable, accurate and probably the best grip out of any semi-auto pistol out there, they feel like an extension of your arm when shooting one. Only thing about them is they are single action, if you prefer that then that's great. They also can be carried cocked and locked like a 1911, which will take a little getting used to if your not familiar with it.

I can't comment on the CZ as I never owned one, but from what I here they are also a great gun and another good option.

(Lackawanna County)

To answer both your questions, I highly recommend a visit to Mr. Stephen A. Camp's Hi Powers and Handguns website. You'll find a wealth of information there on both the Hi Power and the CZ75, and he's also a great, friendly and patient guy who will answer any questions you have that aren't covered by his articles. He was a great help to me when I was troubleshooting a puzzling FTF issue with my HP.

Also, to the poster who said that concealing a full size handgun is difficult, I never had any issues concealing a Hi Power in an IWB holster under an untucked polo shirt. The HP's slender profile easily facilitates concealed carry.

(Montgomery County)

Either one is a superb choice. I have an original Inglis Highpower that although 60 plus years old, is very accurate. Also have the CZ75 and 85 in full size and the CZ75 Compact, all in 9 mm. Chose any one and enjoy. Dave_n

(Monroe County)

I vote for the Browning Hi-Power. I bought one in .40 S&W for my first pistol on my 21st birthday(I had to wait 7 days to pick it up). I've been carrying it ever since. They shoot like a dream. I would recommend a commander style hammer so it won't bite into your side in condition 1 (cocked and locked). I carry mine in a Galco NSA inside the waistband holster. Good luck!

(Lackawanna County)

Love my HP 40. Not sure if they make a stainless version. I've only seen blued, satin nickel, a camo pattern, and mine...green frame matte blue slide.
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

Go with the HP you will not be sorry. The MK series with its finish is almost better than stainless as sweat seems to just roll off.
    Our only experience with CZ style pistols was with clones and ruined us for ever. Had a EAA Witness Carry Comp 9mm that never shot a full magazine without a jam. Neither my gunsmith their gunsmiths could make it run. No slam at the CZ's but watch the clones if you turn that way.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast