Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default would you ever move from PA?

I am not in the least considering moving, however I wondered what some of the members of the PAFOA forum thought about it. I am aware that many people on the site have moved from another state into PA. I have never moved more than 30 minutes from where I grew up. I haven't had much travel experience only getting to see parts of Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, a small section of Tenessee, New York, Canada and of course Maryland. Now that I wrote that it seems like a lot but I am sure many people have been to more places. I do enjoy going to other states on vacation but once it comes time to return home I always have a feeling of relief as I get close to Pa. Having only experienced the laws pertaining to the second in our great state, I cannot say I know much about the surrounding states and their laws regarding gun ownership. Upon joining this site I was suprised and impressed at some of the laws of gun ownership in PA. I came here fresh off the booklet that you can pick up at the York County sherrifs office and was surpised to see some contradicting information. It appears that whomever wrote and edited this book didn't want us to know all the laws or this book was published years ago when laws were possbily stiffer. It also seemed like they expected everyone who read the book to be a lawyer. I contemplated hiring a lawyer just to read through the book and dumb it down to my standards so I could understand it. Fortunetely I have found this website and the wealth of information and help it has to offer. After finding this site it made me understand the "jargon" that I read in the book. I was suprised to learn that hollow points were legal. I was suprised to read that you could carry into a bar. I was even more suprised to read that you can open carry into a bar. I never really knew that any of this was possible until I came here. After obtaining as much information as my brain could soak up, it really made me appreciate the great state in which we live. Not only do we have several thousands of acres which are preserved for farming and agricultural use but we have some great parks, hiking, swimming, fishing, hunting and shooting areas. We have Gettysburg and Valley Forge and many other historical places. We get to experience all four seasons which I used to dislike but as I get older I am seeming to appreciate more. You get the beauty of fall, a nice break from the heat in winter but then you still have the summer to get out and enjoy your hobbies. Well spring you get to have the spring peepers keeping you awake all night lol. On top of that we have some of the the best gun ownership privilidges from what I understand. I know it isn't all meat and potatoes and that we will always be in a battle to protect our rights but everyday I am appreciating the place we live more and more.

To sum it all up for me, I am happy where I live, I plan on dying here. I can't really think of anywhere I would rather live. It's funny because it seems that when most people ask someone where they would want to live if they could live anywhere, I am sure most people would say Florida or California or Hawaii but I know if I was asked the same question my respose would be where I am right now.

So what does everyone else think? Are you happy that you live in Pa? Would you rather move somewhere else? Did you live anywhere else and move into PA and if so what do you have to say about the experience? Please discuss, I am interested in how other members feel.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: would you ever move from PA?

if i ever thought of moving it would be to Montana or Alaska. but i am very content here in PA
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lebanon County)

i have traveled up and down the east coast from MA to miami, driven to wis and flew to tx. i would like to see more of this country, but pa will always be home.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Montgomery County)

Yes - Vermont, New Hampshire, maybe Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, Maine

Except for the Authoritarian/Liberal political crap, there are places in CA that I would love to live in.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Monroe County)

Montana and Alaska as first choices. Colorado being runner up.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Bucks County)

PA will always be home but I would love to take a year and live in a couple of different states but that is hard with being married with kids. So far I have lived in CA, MS, TN and traveled through about 39 states. Still love PA the most.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Montana and Alaska as first choices. Colorado being runner up.
    I'd agree, I like TN as well.

(Somerset County)

I spend about half the year here and half in Texas .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Centre County)

Rendell has left PA a complete disaster. Our only hope is for a new governor and replace that craptacular idiot in the Whitehouse. If that doesn't work my wife and I were considering Texas, or maybe Cozumel Mexico.

Had a lunch presentation today with a product manufacturer located right here in the USA. They bid on a gov. contract that was part of the stimulus bill. They lost their bid....TO A COMPANY FROM THE MIDDLE EAST!!!

Way to go stimulus bill! Haven't seen a dime of it yet. After I lose my job because our tax dollars were used to line the pockets of enemies, I'll have to move somewhere cheaper.

(Beaver County)

The only thing I hate (and this isn't exclusive to PA obviously) is the weather. Lots of rainy, cloudy, no sunshine days. Winter - snow, cold, shoveling driveways and sidewalks, getting stuck. I despise winter enough that I really do think that one day I will leave PA for a climate without it.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast