Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Anyone buying the new XDm compact?

December 14th is the release of the new 3.8 inch barreled Xdm. I am going to be looking to add this gun to my collection. I love my XDm and the only complaint that I hear is people not being happy with cc'ing and they answered with this.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Anyone buying the new XDm compact?

Wow, nice "sub compact". It's nearly identical to the XD service model 4" bbl.,

ETA: The concealment issues aren't with the barrel, it's with the grip. They kept the grip the same size and shortened the barrel from 4.5 to 3.8 inches.

WTF, is springfield armory that stupid, or are they playing off the lack of knowledge the gun crowd has when it comes to what factors address concealing a handgun.
    Last edited by jcabin; December 10th, 2009 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    December 14th is the release of the new 3.8 inch barreled Xdm. I am going to be looking to add this gun to my collection. I love my XDm and the only complaint that I hear is people not being happy with cc'ing and they answered with this.
    How did they answer cc'ing with this gun? The grip is what protrudes from the body, not the barrel. They kept the grip the same and shortened the barrel. All you're doing is buying the same exact gun, with a shorter barrel. It won't be any easier to conceal, whatsoever.
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(York County)

This gun is a huge disappointment to me and most XDm owners over on the Xd talk forum. I think they made a gun nobody really wanted,It is not a compact let alone a sub-compact, and of coarse their are lots of folks that would have been interested in a XDm for easier CC. Then there are all the folks waiting for a XDm .45.
    I was really excited about a new subcompact XDm coming out. But this gun is not it! I guess I should thank Springfield For saving me $600.
    Last edited by Beardog; December 10th, 2009 at 11:37 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Beardog View Post
    This gun is a huge disappointment to me and most XDm owners over on the Xd talk forum.
    I know, I just invaded the xdtalk forum with rage. Hopefully springfield reads it and uses the new "3.8" as it has become affectionately known, to shoot whoever designed, and whoever signed off on this in the fucking head!!!!!!

I can't believe the amount of IDIOTS who think "THIS GUN WAS MADE WITH CONCEALED CARRY IN MIND OOOHHHHHHHHRRGGGASSSSSUUHHHMMMCUUMMMM".

I agree. It doesn't look like it'd be much easier to conceal than the standard xdm. I'd like to see a side by side comparison.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    How did they answer cc'ing with this gun? The grip is what protrudes from the body, not the barrel. They kept the grip the same and shortened the barrel. All you're doing is buying the same exact gun, with a shorter barrel. It won't be any easier to conceal, whatsoever.
    +1!!!!

All they did was take away from accuracy!
    Where do I send my money?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    100% Agree. Shorten the grip and they would've had dimensions similar to Glock 19.

(Bucks County)

I though that they where just going to use an extension on the mag for the High cap like the current sub compact on the xd. That really stinks.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    I though that they where just going to use an extension on the mag for the High cap like the current sub compact on the xd. That really stinks.
    People who concealed carry XD sub compacts with the extended mag are morons. These are people who obviously have no idea about concealment and think they're getting one over on everyone else by having a higher capacity sub compact.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast