Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Do you use the Ignore List Feature?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    51 here............
    51???

I don't use the feature. If I don't like what a person has to say, I just stop reading that post and move on. What a concept, huh? Besides, it's really hard to piss me off and it's usually more fun to read the dumb stuff anyway. Makes for good entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Wondering if others use this feature here.
    Now that I've clicked the "VIEW POST ANYWAY" button and can read this, I can opine that the "ignore" list is a terrific feature.

Like many of you here, I've been on the Web for more than a decade. I've learned that I can't correct everyone, and I look stupid when I rise to the bait of personal attacks and juvenile questions.

Almost everyone on PAFOA is a sane, responsible gun owner who has insights into issues both familiar and novel. Almost everyone.

The people who troll, the people who act "naughty" just for the attention, the people who make claims and demand that you accept them unless you do the research and prove them wrong...these people are more annoying than they are worth, at least to me. My ignore list only takes them out of my universe, so they can still post, but I'm not even tempted to respond.

I'll debate legal strategy with anyone who understands what they're talking about. I'll answer reasonable questions from those who are baffled by the laws. I'll discuss OC vs CC with anyone respectful of both views. I'll even listen if someone tries to make the case that Obama is not the Antichrist, as long as they are rational and respectful. I once had a very pleasant discussion with the former head of CeasefirePA, Diane Edbril (she was wrong about almost everything, but she's a charmer in person.)

But I refuse to put an hour of explanation into refuting a legal theory pulled from one's nether regions. And it's pointless to debate anyone who refuses to accept defeat; arguments are not won by simply refusing to admit defeat, they are won by persuading others.

The ignore list isn't about being closed-minded and only talking with people with whom you already agree. It's about having some standards about who you associate with, and about using your time effectively. It's like blocking "The Home Shopping Network" and "Knitting Today" from your cable box, so that you don't have to periodically waste valuable channel-surfing time re-confirming that you're just not interested.

Over 99% of the registered users have NOT pissed me off yet. We have something like 5,000 active users, 20,000 total registered users. I think I have fewer than 20 people blocked. If someone has Yoda-like wisdom to share, it will get to me.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm all for full disclosure and no censorship. Plus, it's the internet...who cares about idiots?

Oh - no, I don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    51???

I don't use the feature. If I don't like what a person has to say, I just stop reading that post and move on. What a concept, huh? Besides, it's really hard to piss me off and it's usually more fun to read the dumb stuff anyway. Makes for good entertainment.
    52, now......

not you.....

(Blair County)

Just this "Fingers" guy I keep hearing about....

Honestly no I don't use it, I just scroll past the people that I'd rather not deal with. Just don't tell them...I'd hate to be busted
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Delaware County)

never
    (10 char)
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

It is a helpful tool, for sure. It's like a "warning, this post is probably idiotic" sign that keeps my blood pressure down...

It's unfortunate that the username pulldown doesn't have the "add to ignore list" feature enabled.

(Monroe County)

I have 2 on my list and strangely enough I have not seen the "blah blah is on your ignore list" for some time now. I guess I ignored the right people because they are no longer posting here.

Oh and spotter88 is not one of them

(Berks County)

Never on any forum. Idiots tend to amuse me.

(Delaware County)

I have 3 on mine. And I might be on a few peoples. When I got here I was an uneducated, opinionated gun owner. I feel far more educated now, but I am quick to apologize if I upset someone else.

I still get to see some of these ignored posters if people quote them. I am more apt to take them off after a while, remembering my first 30 -60 days here.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast