Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Idiot of the year award goes to...... ME!

Gah, I feel dumb.

Last weekend I held the line at the Langhorne Rod and Gun Club, keeping the last vestiges of civilization safe from the zombie hordes.
    It was a great time, and I had a ton of fun. I got home tired, and wound up going out again right away. I just put my cases down, and decided that I'd clean my gear the next day. It felt bad, but it had been a low round count event, and I figured there wouldn't be any harm to it.
    The next day I went to the Renn Faire with friends, and then had work to do in the evening. No gun cleaning.
    The rest of the week I was working late, and had commitments. I knew I really needed to tend to my gear, but again it was a low round count event. So I wasn't worried about it.
    Last night I finally opened up the cases to get started. Want to guess what I saw when I opened my rifle bag? What horrific scene greeted me?

Water. I had completely forgotten that it was pouring rain during the rifle stage, and I had cased the rifle wet. It was still wet. Still soaking actually, there was practically a puddle.
    On the upside, I found out that my Stag can sit in a puddle of water for 5 days with no apparent ill effects. That's reassuring. there was some discoloration on the barrel, but a quick wipe of hoppes #9 cleared it off.

Gah! I guess I'm just glad that stupidity isn't painful.

Default Re: Idiot of the year award goes to...... ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    I guess I'm just glad that stupidity isn't painful.
    Oh it can be, you just got off lucky. Apparently Mr. Murphy and his cohorts had the swine flu and didnt get to you in time lol
    -Remember the Constitution-

Hate to bring the bad news to you but you are NOT the Idiot of the Year winner. I'm not naming names but the nominee list includes WalMart shoppers and some guy in Georgia shooting microwaves and cinder blocks. But you may qualify for the No Harm, No Foul Award.

So...how'd ya like the shoot at Langhorne? I was there too...I was the guy in a jacket and wearing a cap.

(York County)

I dont know seeing any of my guns in water for 5 days would be painful to see.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Hate to bring the bad news to you but you are NOT the Idiot of the Year winner. I'm not naming names but the nominee list includes WalMart shoppers and some guy in Georgia shooting microwaves and cinder blocks. But you may qualify for the No Harm, No Foul Award.

So...how'd ya like the shoot at Langhorne? I was there too...I was the guy in a jacket and wearing a cap.
    Damn, I really thought I had it!

Langhorne was great. I'm already looking at real estate up there.
    So you were the guy in the cap? I saw the cap, didn't notice the jacket though...

(Bucks County)

Man, I must have seen 50 guys dressed like that......

I took the shotgun and AK home and hung them from the handle bars of my Dirt bike and hosed them down with WD and went off to work.

(Lackawanna County)

See, now if that was a 'real' Russian AK, it would have been rusty...but that's OK, because the rust tightens up the tolerances and makes them work better.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Philadelphia County)

I was at the LRGC shoot too. Man that was a GREAT time.

I'm no fan of cleaning my firearms after every range trip, but I made the exception this time because it was raining so hard.

I was dumb enough to leave my rifle case open in the rain (DUH!), and by the time I got home, two of my FAL mags (crappy, unfinished) turned orange from surface rust.

No other problems with my nice mags, FAL or XD.45.

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Nice. Smartass. That knocks out about 6 people that weren't you. Which one of the 150 people left in the list were you?
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

Nice. Smartass. That knocks out about 6 people that weren't you. Which one of the 150 people left in the list were you?

Ok, I'll knock it down a little more for you. 6', 160ish, full beard.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    Gah, I feel dumb.

Last weekend I held the line at the Langhorne Rod and Gun Club, keeping the last vestiges of civilization safe from the zombie hordes.
    It was a great time, and I had a ton of fun. I got home tired, and wound up going out again right away. I just put my cases down, and decided that I'd clean my gear the next day. It felt bad, but it had been a low round count event, and I figured there wouldn't be any harm to it.
    The next day I went to the Renn Faire with friends, and then had work to do in the evening. No gun cleaning.
    The rest of the week I was working late, and had commitments. I knew I really needed to tend to my gear, but again it was a low round count event. So I wasn't worried about it.
    Last night I finally opened up the cases to get started. Want to guess what I saw when I opened my rifle bag? What horrific scene greeted me?

Water. I had completely forgotten that it was pouring rain during the rifle stage, and I had cased the rifle wet. It was still wet. Still soaking actually, there was practically a puddle.
    On the upside, I found out that my Stag can sit in a puddle of water for 5 days with no apparent ill effects. That's reassuring. there was some discoloration on the barrel, but a quick wipe of hoppes #9 cleared it off.

Gah! I guess I'm just glad that stupidity isn't painful.
    You are luckier than I am. I did that with my Ruger Mark II and had to get it reblued.
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast