Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default S&W Model 22A Recall: Great Service

I was on the S&W webpage when I noticed they had a recall for the 22A pistol. My pistol had the right serial number so I called. I spent maybe a total of 5 minutes on the phone with them giving serial number, my address, etc. They sent me a prepaid air Fedex sticker that arrived in two days. I packed it up and called Fedex on a Friday morning and they picked it up at my house that night. Seven days later Fedex delivered the package to my house. Luckily I was at home. Theu pistol looks great. The Work Order said they changed the slide and barrel.

It was great service from S&W the phone call to delivery. The only thing I think they could have done better was mailed me the recall notice since I did register the purchase with them when I got the pistol last year.

Default Re: S&W Model 22A Recall: Great Service

Damn, it looks like mine falls into the recall as well. Is anyone here familiar with NJ firearms laws? Will I have to recieve the firearm through an FFL upon its return? If so, will I need a new pistol permit?

Thanx

(Bucks County)

When I returned my Walther, I swear, the jackasses at FedEx left the pistol on my doorstep without a signature. I was completely surprised and would have been furious if something happened to it. I was home. I would have signed for it.

I can't say I was too pleased with how they handled the PPK / PPK/S recall. They didn't have parts for all of the guns. I only waited a month (but I also refused to send my gun in until I heard of other people getting their pistol back). My friend waited 3 months.

My gun was returned to me dirty and still jamming up constantly (although that isn't why it was recalled).

-Zach

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gurugold View Post
    Damn, it looks like mine falls into the recall as well. Is anyone here familiar with NJ firearms laws? Will I have to recieve the firearm through an FFL upon its return? If so, will I need a new pistol permit?

Thanx
    As far as I could find, there is no specific NJ prohibition for direct return of a repaired firearm. There is a specific Federal law that allows manufacturer's to return repaired firearm directly to the owner interstate.

I've done it myself several times in NJ with no problems.
    IANAL

(Chester County)

Here is the recall list for the 22A:

This recall applies only to 22-A pistols manufactured from August 1, 2008 to February 19, 2009. Affected pistols fall within the following serial number range:

UBW0000 - UBW9999
    UBY0000 - UBY4104
    IANAL