Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default after 10 PM convenience ??

ok on rt 22 there are 2 HESS gas stations within half a mile of each other.. not in a bad area either.. so its 10:30 tonight and i need a gallon of tea. i get to the 1st one and as im walking up to the door i hear a voice from a loud speaker to my left... here they have a freakin slide out thing now and the doors are locked. so i said i need a gallon of tea, the kid looks and says he is out, i said ok can you call the other store and see if they have any ?, he says i dont have the number for down there. wtf ????

so i drive down to the other store same situation with the doors locked but i dont see anyone .. i yell in the little hole where the slide out thingy is.. wait for a few minutes then i knock on the window pretty hard. ( hard enough to hear in the bathroom).. nothing so i am about to leave and i see 2 kids come in from the back door ( boy and girl).. now im pissed cuz they had to have heard me and my truck.. so i tap on the window i see them both look up and see me...

the boy walks right past me and into the side room then back to the back of the store, the girl comes up like she is going to wait on me turns her back to me grabs soemthing off the table and walks to the back of the store messing with a cappachino machine i think...

now i am livid !!!!! i go to sheetz get what i need just a diferent brand , and decide that tomorrow i will make a visit to the second store and speak to a manager....

i dont usually waiste time with complaining like this, i know the kids arent making allot of money but jesus does anyone insist on customer service anymore ? to completely ignore a customer in my eyes would be a firing offence....
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Monroe County)

Default Re: after 10 PM convenience ??

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    ok on rt 22 there are 2 HESS gas stations within half a mile of each other.. not in a bad area either.. so its 10:30 tonight and i need a gallon of tea. i get to the 1st one and as im walking up to the door i hear a voice from a loud speaker to my left... here they have a freakin slide out thing now and the doors are locked. so i said i need a gallon of tea, the kid looks and says he is out, i said ok can you call the other store and see if they have any ?, he says i dont have the number for down there. wtf ????

so i drive down to the other store same situation with the doors locked but i dont see anyone .. i yell in the little hole where the slide out thingy is.. wait for a few minutes then i knock on the window pretty hard. ( hard enough to hear in the bathroom).. nothing so i am about to leave and i see 2 kids come in from the back door ( boy and girl).. now im pissed cuz they had to have heard me and my truck.. so i tap on the window i see them both look up and see me...

the boy walks right past me and into the side room then back to the back of the store, the girl comes up like she is going to wait on me turns her back to me grabs soemthing off the table and walks to the back of the store messing with a cappachino machine i think...

now i am livid !!!!! i go to sheetz get what i need just a diferent brand , and decide that tomorrow i will make a visit to the second store and speak to a manager....

i dont usually waiste time with complaining like this, i know the kids arent making allot of money but jesus does anyone insist on customer service anymore ? to completely ignore a customer in my eyes would be a firing offence....
    i agree 100% and think that you are well within reason to want to talk to the manager. its the same at the supermarket when 2 cashiers are gabbing away and ignore you in their line until theyre done with their gossip...annoys me to no end.

Bold is mine . . . what did you expect? Kids (anyone under 30 ) are stupid. Too bad they didn't have a contact number posted on the door, you could have called then . . .

The Hess here closes at night.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Maybe the boy and the girl were up to some hanky-panky in the back room???
    You know how horny young folks can be

(Montgomery County)

This sounds like a case of coitus interruptus.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Maybe the boy and the girl were up to some hanky-panky in the back room???
    You know how horny young folks can be
    LOL probably. You're young, the doors are locked, it's night time, what the hell else are you going to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Dauphin County)

just got done speaking with the manager..

apparently the girl is not to have anyone inside with her !
    told her axactly what i said above and she appologized, and after expressing my anger at the moment that i most likely woudl not be stopping there for gas or anythign else , she began to appologize even more and ask if there was any way to change my mind..

i simply said maybe in the future the management there woudl check on their employees now and then instead of leaving a 17-19 year old in charge without earning some trust ?

at that point i said sorry i wont be back and left.

(Northampton County)

It's usually not a good idea to say you won't be back. That tells them fixing the problem won't even bring you back. Probably not a huge issue in this case, but sometimes it is. It also tells them that you won't be complaining anymore if the situation continues. So they have less incentive to fix it. You have removed both the positive reinforcement (sales) and punitive reinforcement (complaints or complaints further up the chain).

(Dauphin County)

in some cases i would agree but not in this one.. this is a local gas station, i grew up across the street, and i have met the manager and her gf a few times before, they know i am local and know manymany people in the area....

i am sure the problem will be resolved fairly quickly... and i am sure i will see her or her gf in the future and i am possitive she will let me know how things turned out....

just got done speaking with the manager..

apparently the girl is not to have anyone inside with her !
    Or anyone inside of her

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast