Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Need something verified

I was reading late lastnight ( cant remember the site grrrr ). The forum I was reading was saying that a magazine from a Sig P-6 will fit a Star BM 9mm. Anyone know if this is true? If it is it would save me a bundle on buying mags. A mag for a Star runs $35. A mag for a P-6 is between $15-$20.
    No longer posting

Default Re: Need something verified

From another forum...

Speaking of substitutions, I read somewhere that Star BM and SIG P6 magazines were interchangeable. I can confirm that this is at least partially true. My BM magazine fits in the P6 magwell, clicks into place, and will lock the slide back. The P6 magazine will only go about two thirds of the way into the BM magwell, about to the point where one has use a little extra effort to insert the factory magazine, but will go no further. I wonder if the magazine safety in the BM, which I have not bothered to remove, is the reason for this. Perhaps the springs are interchangeable, too, which would be handy as Wolff makes magazine springs for the P6/P225, but none for the Star BM.

The thread then got back on topic and no more was said on this topic.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Jefferson County)

So you know, the $15-20 P-6 mags out there run like crap in the Sigs without modification. I bought new springs for mine from Wolff and they work better, but they still aren't as reliable as the factory mags, which never fail. Worth the extra cash if you intend to use them in a Sig, probably depends with the Star if they do fit.

(Lancaster County)

anyone????????????????
    No longer posting

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    I was reading late lastnight ( cant remember the site grrrr ). The forum I was reading was saying that a magazine from a Sig P-6 will fit a Star BM 9mm. Anyone know if this is true? If it is it would save me a bundle on buying mags. A mag for a Star runs $35. A mag for a P-6 is between $15-$20.
    Well, seeing as you're in Lancaster, I'd take a ride up to Cabelas. I'm almost 100% certain they have Sig mags there. Take your gun along & leave it out in the car.....buy the mag, take it out to your car & try it out. If it doesn't work, just go back into the store & return it......

Unless someone on here has BOTH the Star & a Sig........

(Philadelphia County)

Have never had a Star, but surprisingly the Promag P6 mags ran flawlessly in my Sig P6/P225 with both FMJ and JHP ammo, despite what people say on the interwebz...

Maybe being a post 1990 model (which they changed the feedramps) had something to do with it, but I could never make that think hang up.

The P6 Promags are around $18. Buy one and give it a shot.