Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC/CC..

Default OC/CC..

this may be a dumb question, but I cant seem to find anything on it. Since you can OC in PA, and there is no brandishing law because of that can you pretty much carry anyway if you have a LTCF, basically if your gun prints, or your wearing a coat with in OWB holster with a tucked in shirt, and you move the coat to get to your pocket and the gun becomes visible is that legal? or is it a thing that when you leave the house you need to decide if your going to OC or CC, you cant have it print or show in anyway, or you have to have it completely visible at all times

(Cambria County)

Default Re: OC/CC..

I looked into this same question recently and found a lot of information suggesting that there is nothing illegal in regard to 'printing' or accidentally displaying a holstered pistol.

Open Carry is legal and the laws regarding the LTCF say that you CAN carry concealed, not that you HAVE to.

Your ability to carry concealed does not in any way cause you to forfeit your right to carry openly, thus 'printing' and other such things are legally allowed.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, what he said.

When I started to carry, I was worried about printing. I no longer care if it prints for the most part and since it's all legal I don't worry if my unbuttoned denim shirt should blow open as I cross the parking lot, "exposing" me.
    It's this "new" way of thinking that allows me to carry a Glock instead of my P32. On me, there's no way to carry the Glock without it printing.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Perry County)

My daily carry is a little Kel-Tec P-11. I carry it IWB at 4:00 using the factory belt clip. My dress is typically dress pants and a tucked in shirt. I do not pull the shirt over the P-11. Half of it is concealed, half of it is open.

Again, since there is no law against brandishing, and there is no law against open carry, and you are not required to conceal just because you have a LTCF....It doesn't matter how you carry if you have a LTCF. Concealed, open, partially concealed, partially open, etc...
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.

thank you gentleman very much.. not sure what made me think of this but its def nice to know, save myself alot of aggravation and some uncomfort

(Perry County)

Oh, and one last thing, I occasionally carry like mentioned above while riding the motorcycle. For those 2 minute trips to the grocery store when I don't wear a riding jacket. A few weeks ago I had a township police officer pull up behind me at a stop light. P-11 at 4:00 and plainly visible. Either the officer didn't notice it (which I find hard to believe) or he assumed it was perfectly legal (which I also find hard to believe). Regardless, we sat at the light for 30 some odd seconds then both went on our merry way. When the light changed we both pulled away and he followed me until I pulled into the mini mart to get a pack of cigaretts. That's when I really thought he would follow me. A guy on a motorcycle pulling into a mini mart with a gun? But nothing.
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.

(Cambria County)

Completely edited to say:

Some jerk troll said some jerk stuff just above this post, and the jerk stuff was removed after I said some jerk stuff about the jerk, which ended up making me look like a really big jerk.

Bottom line... when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me... when you respond to a troll you look like a jerk!
    Last edited by Carnes; July 18th, 2007 at 01:50 AM.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    *sniff, sniff* You smell that? Hmm...

*sniff, sniff* Ohhh, I know that smell!

*sniff, sniff* Yep! Thats it! Smells like a dirty, nasty TROLL!!!
    I'm not sure what your eluding to exactly as I don't see any trolling here... Just someone providing an experience they have had in regards to the question asked.
    Pardon me if I'm ignorant or have missed something, otherwise simmer down dude!

Cheers,
    Josh

Oh! and to not veer to far off point I've never had a problem and as the guys above said... it doesn't matter. Open, concealed, quazi concealed, quazi open... it's all good here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    *sniff, sniff* You smell that? Hmm...

*sniff, sniff* Ohhh, I know that smell!

*sniff, sniff* Yep! Thats it! Smells like a dirty, nasty TROLL!!!
    Um.... okay.

Don't see anyone trolling here...

Edit: Okay I guess I should comment on the actual thread topic. I carry a full-size M&P9 and usually print a little bit, but here in PA... it's all good!
    Last edited by lexington86; July 17th, 2007 at 10:57 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I think the troll post was removed, just like it was on the other thread:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...ble-shoot.html

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast