Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh

(Allegheny County)

Default Pittsburgh

Im looking for a range near the north hills. Hopefully semi auto friendly, responsible semi auto, and no fear for black rifles.

Default Re: Pittsburgh

www.pmsconline.com PMSC is a great range

(Allegheny County)

the allegheny county rifle club is probably the closest range to you (on Shuetzen Park Road in the North Hills). i don't have any firsthand experience with the place, but have heard it described as a bar where you can sight in your deer rifle. but, i don't know. you might want to check it out for yourself to see if it fits your needs.

logans ferry sportsmen's club on field club road in fox chapel is also relatively close to you. i don't know much about that club.

if you want to do practical shooting (shooting on the move, drawing from your holster, etc.), PMSC (the club mentioned by cigarman) really is, hands down, the best club around, imho (and in a lot of other people's opinions as well). it is a bit further of a drive for you, though. it is near the intersection of routes 48 and 30...near north versailles.

greater pittsburgh gun club used to rival PMSC, but they are closed.

some other options for you include the millvale sportsmen's club (which is not in millvale...it is near the intersection of route 910 and interstate 79). also near there is a free state game land range. you can shoot semiautos including black rifles at the SGL range, but you can only load 3 rounds at a time. the place gets crowded and there are some other restrictions that make practical shooting impossible.

forest grove might not be too much further from you either.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the info guys! So pretty much PSMC is the way to go, despite the travel time beyond what I am looking for, I think the hours of operation for the indoor pistol will compensate for that.

I havent checked, but will, but do they allow the use of personal ammo, or does it need to be purchased through them? Do they initiate group buys, or assist in facilitating something of the sort?

Are they black rifle friendly? Are they 25 year old with a non-american car friendly? (yes, I have been given crap before about it)

Are there any referral "points" or credit given to people who increase the membership base?

(Butler County)

Don't know if this fits your needs but you can give them a call.

Mars Rod & Gun Club – Affiliated NRA, PR&PA, PFSC.

Meets first Thursday of month at 7:00. Pistol-25 and 50 yard. Rifle-75 and 100 yard. Trap every Tuesday at 6:00. 3-D shoots. Call 724-538-9392 for more information.

(Beaver County)

North side sportsmen club in warrendale has all you want. I designed and built the archery course there many years ago. Its just south of cranberry off of rt 19 a very nice club. Mtn Jack
    In a world of compromise some men dont.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Jack View Post
    North side sportsmen club in warrendale has all you want. I designed and built the archery course there many years ago. Its just south of cranberry off of rt 19 a very nice club. Mtn Jack
    any more details? website/email/phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! So pretty much PSMC is the way to go, despite the travel time beyond what I am looking for, I think the hours of operation for the indoor pistol will compensate for that.

I havent checked, but will, but do they allow the use of personal ammo (yes), or does it need to be purchased through them (no)? Do they initiate group buys, or assist in facilitating something of the sort? (not sure)

Are they black rifle friendly (yes)? Are they 25 year old with a non-american car friendly? (yes, I have been given crap before about it) (i don't see why not)

Are there any referral "points" or credit given to people who increase the membership base?(not that i'm aware of)
    my answers in red

(Allegheny County)

I havent checked, but will, but do they allow the use of personal ammo, or does it need to be purchased through them?
    Use all the personal ammo you want.

Are they black rifle friendly? Are they 25 year old with a non-american car friendly? (yes, I have been given crap before about it)
    Very black rifle friendly, and I'm a 25 yr old civic owner.

(Allegheny County)

I havent checked, but will, but do they allow the use of personal ammo,
    There are limitations where there is risk or safety involved. I believe there's no incendiary rounds and there are limitations on certain chamberings when shooting steel as you'll damage the steel and on the indoor pistol range as the backstop can also be damaged.

or does it need to be purchased through them? Do they initiate group buys, or assist in facilitating something of the sort?
    PMSC doesn't sell ammo. Bring what you want to shoot. JHPs are fine if you want to test carry ammo as well. I don't know of any official group buys, but there are enough good people here that it's not hard to find a few people who would go in on an order if you want to do that.

The more obscene the better. We have regular CMP shoots, you can do dynamic shooting in the IPSC bays, and pretty much anything with safety in mind.

Are there any referral "points" or credit given to people who increase the membership base?
    I think you mean if you're referred to the club, does that person get 'credit' for doing so? Not really. We're just happy to have good people as members. So, if you can handle being nice, cleaning up after yourself, being safe, etc, PMSC is very welcoming. And drive whatever the hell you want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast