Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Schuylkill County Members: Roll Call

i live right up on peach mtn road so not far of a ride for me

i do alot of coyote hunting up the burma and i shoot up there also so might of seen some of yous around

(Berks County)

1911shooter, Screw them!

It is always a hoot to see the full autos in action...heck I go to town sometimes trying to bumpfire my semi's and get the same evil looks. I always accomodate and be respectful to the hunter or whoever is just plinking and if I have a lot of ammo with me I damn near always offer to let somebody (especially younger shooters) blast a mag through my guns.

Wondering if you were up there a year or so ago with the guys with the BAR, MP-40 and Thompson....was that you with the full auto AR?

Lots of full auto stuff that day, great day for my crew...if it was you and your crew...my friends were the ones with the 2 semi-auto belt feds set up.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Schuylkill County)

yep that was me! i too try to be respectful, i've let more people shoot my AR and my MP5 more then once and you should see the smiles when they burn a 30 round mag in the blink of an eye. i should get my dad to break out his full auto 50cal belt feed and see what happens... well any way when it warms up more i'll take them up again and see what happens.

(Schuylkill County)

Schuylkill county shooter checking in! I live in Delano, but have yet to try out the Burma road range. One of these days...

(Schuylkill County)

Dear fellow Schuylkill county residents and visitors:

Everyone seems interested in good ranges, And we at the Tulpehocken Rifle and Pistol Club have, and are continuing to develop one of the finest in the county. Read all about it now at our new web site, www.tulrpc.com , and let us know what you think! Spread the word about both our club and our new web site! If you have something to contribute to the shooting sports in Schuylkill county, we want YOU!!!

your webmaster and club vp, Walter

(Northumberland County)

hi all! im not to far from st clair, how far from 61 is burma rd???

a little far to go to shoot for me, but close enough that if someone was to organize something there, i MIGHT be able to make it!

1911shooter, i feel bad that you were disrespected for shooting your fa's. i could easily take both of them off of your hands for you so you wouldnt have to worry about it anymore!!

(Berks County)

If you are in Mount Carmel, you are probably closer than l am....I usually take the turn off 61 in St. Clair to get there...you can also get there from the RT 54 exit on 81.

It is a good place for a shoot for a lot of people....only thing is on the weekends it tends to get crowded. When we go, we usually carpool and try to get up there real early in the morning.

Sending you a PM...
    Last edited by 762xIan; August 8th, 2007 at 06:00 AM.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Allegheny County)

New member checking in. I was sent a link to this site by a friend, as I intend on purchasing a handgun come December, and want to familiarize myself with local regulations. I would also like to get formal training, as I have never owned a firearm previously.

While I go to school in Williamsport, my hometown is Pine Grove. I'm familiar with the shooting range in St. Clair, and I intend on visiting it often next spring.

Traffic cluster**** capitol, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    Tamaqua here my friends, as far as the Burma Road goes i have been there a couple times and some of the people there were very disrespectful. might try it again though. Had my full auto AR-15, and MP5 up there and they kind of got pissed when i was shotting before they even got there. when they showed up it was a few words about how full auto should not be allowed and that anyone who ownes one should be made to pay to use any range because we disrup evry one who is not a fan of them. so i just packed up and left.

was it a little skinny old guy that looks like he is half drunk? or just some fudd with a hunting rifle?

if it is the same guy i am thingking of he gave me all kinds of grief about my AK's and Uzi,.. and there are F***ing SEMI-AUTO,.. he said basically the same thing,.. but called them "assualt weapons" hell even some of the regulars have FA AK's and Mac 11's

usually when i see that guy there i move as far away from him as i can,..(and keep a eye on him for my own safty) and keep shooting.

i have seen all kinds of sweet toys down there,. my favorite was seeing the guy with his son out with a PPsh-41 he got out of a museam,. about the only thing i have not seen is a FA .50 BMG M2 maching gun,.. but people say there use to be one that showed up every once and a while.

i would love to build some target stand for folks that go out there with pistols so they have something to shoot at up close,. when i go i usually try and nail together a makeshift one i caould use for a day,.. i definatly am not good enough to make the long shoots on the pins with a handgun like the regulars are.

i also live down in Tamaqua,.. i try and make it up to Burma when i can,.. hope to see you out there one day with your NFA toys

(Schuylkill County)

Hi Cruzie,
    That was probably me with the PPSH. My son loves shooting that gun. I have to admit its my favorite too! Thompsongunner

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast