Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default trick or treat proposal

its come to my attention that some lazy kids have trouble running as fast as some other kids kids....therefore during trick or treat, the lazy kids end up with less candy....i propose a new system that may just bring some "change" to this holliday. all citizens will donate 5 pounds of candy to the local school, then the children will come and recieve 2 peices each. that way everyone has the same, any kids who do not want to go to the school can have there candy shipped plus 2 extra peices for not emitting co2 on their way there. any illegal imigrants who show up will recieve 8 peices, plus a candy apple......a costume contest will be held, the kid with the best costume will be denied candy because of there unfair advantage....any kids not wearing costumes to the school will recieve 12 peices of candy and a nobel prize for their efforts

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: trick or treat proposal

Sounds like a certain country we may all live in.

(Centre County)

Default Re: trick or treat proposal

Quote Originally Posted by mcmcallister View Post
    its come to my attention that some lazy kids have trouble running as fast as some other kids kids....therefore during trick or treat, the lazy kids end up with less candy....i propose a new system that may just bring some "change" to this holliday. all citizens will donate 5 pounds of candy to the local school, then the children will come and recieve 2 peices each. that way everyone has the same, any kids who do not want to go to the school can have there candy shipped plus 2 extra peices for not emitting co2 on their way there. any illegal imigrants who show up will recieve 8 peices, plus a candy apple......a costume contest will be held, the kid with the best costume will be denied candy because of there unfair advantage....any kids not wearing costumes to the school will recieve 12 peices of candy and a nobel prize for their efforts

Well, the problem with this idea is that if the lazy kid gets less candy, he might lose weight and become faster, thereby earning the extra candy by working hard.

The other problem is that if all citizens dontate 5 POUNDS of candy, but each kid only gets 2 peices (or 4 or 8 depending) then their should be a candy surplus. There just aren't that many kids that the schools need all that candy. So what are they doing with it? I don't trust teachers or school superintendents and know that they will take that surplus of candy and will quickly gobble it up, then ask the citizens to send MORE candy because they need it. After a while, we'll have to sell our bad candy debt to China instead of becoming fiscally conservative candy consumpters.

Also, the costume idea has problems. The real achiever will be punished for the lazy kid that just cut a couple holes in a sheet. Why should that kid suffer? The good news is the costume contest will never be held because someone will take offense to the costumes and call the ACLU and sue.

and pretty soon Oct 31 will just be another boring day.