Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default FOP Emblems/Stickers on Vehicles

Is it just me or is this BS? One lady I work with has gotten stopped and left off the hook several times that I know of due to the FOP relation. I have seen her easily double the speed limit several times not too mention driving all the time with high beams on with other cars present. I just hope she does not hurt someone but I do hope that she runs into a LEO that could care less about the FOP sticker.
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

Default Re: FOP Emblems/Stickers on Vehicles

Is she a cop or spouse or daughter of a cop? Or just got a sticker from somewhere and slapped it on? Aren't those stickers dated for the current year?

(Lebanon County)

She is a spouse and I do not know about the dates or not, you might be thinking of the sheriffs association stickers. They give you a window sticker also for a donation. They call you up and "request" donations and are extremely pushy. I had one guy get extremely rude and if they call again I remind them of that occasion. He said well thanks for not helping in a very sarcastic tone then I said well thanks for being an ass and hung up. I told him no thanks several times and that the transmission broke in my truck. I consider that a valid reason for being low on funds.
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

Quote Originally Posted by 65mustang View Post
    Is it just me or is this BS?
    Yes. The police used to patrol the streets and traffic enforcement was part of overall safety and criminal law enforcement. Then a while back they became revenuers and now enforcement is generally not about safety or criminality but maximizing the income stream for the municipality. In the wake of this change, police play favorites and don't generally cite friends and family of other cops. I see it as the first step in the corruption of police officers. I have such a sticker on my car and it often works.

(Allegheny County)

i don't know whether having an FOP associate member sticker helps or not. most officers, of course, will tell you it does not, but who knows for real.

having an FOP plate...or a real member sticker...or a badge...on the other hand clearly does make a difference. they call it "professional courtesy".

personally, i call it a breakdown of rule of law (if they use discretion when they would not have used it for regular old joe citizen), but i have this crazy idea that the law is supposed to apply to everyone equally, so...
    F*S=k

My NRA sticker has caused my car nothing but bad luck since the week I put it on. It was the only sticker I broke the "no stickers on my car" rule for - go figure.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    Yes. The police used to patrol the streets and traffic enforcement was part of overall safety and criminal law enforcement. Then a while back they became revenuers and now enforcement is generally not about safety or criminality but maximizing the income stream for the municipality. In the wake of this change, police play favorites and don't generally cite friends and family of other cops. I see it as the first step in the corruption of police officers. I have such a sticker on my car and it often works.
    Sounds to me like you don't condone so called police corruption but then again actively participate in it?
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    My NRA sticker has caused my car nothing but bad luck since the week I put it on. It was the only sticker I broke the "no stickers on my car" rule for - go figure.
    Don't say that. I just put one on my sticker free car...

No problems yet..

(Chester County)

I got out of two tickets, only because the LEO was a big time Jeep fan, and he just loved my Jeep. The only stickers on the back of my Jeep are an NRA sticker, and a ZRT sticker

(Allegheny County)

There is a difference between the FOP Member sticker and the FOP "Associate Member" sticker (which is what you get if you donate).

Both have the year on them.

I would imagine the associate member doesn't give you any sort of "hookup" if you get pulled over.

BUT I will add that my "Active Member: FOP" license plate frame has not gotten me out of ANYTHING. So I guess it depends on your location. In fact, one cop asked me "oh...who is in the FOP?" I said, "I am." And then he handed me a ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast