Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Another murder suicide in PA

http://www.wnep.com/wnep-potts-shoot...,6576693.story

Murder Suicide in Pottsville

5:44 PM EDT, October 23, 2009
    Two people are dead in what Pottsville police are calling a murder suicide. The man police said pulled the trigger was free on bail after threatening to kill his girlfriend several weeks ago.

Police said Frank Manganiello of Schuylkill Haven shot his girlfriend in a parking lot just after noon, led officers on a chase, then shot himself inside the First Methodist Church on West Market Street. Authorities said 49-year-old Sandra Pucci was shot multiple times and died several hours later at an Allentown area hospital.
    What's going on? This guy was out on bail after being charged with threatening this woman.

Default Re: Another murder suicide in PA

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post

What's going on? This guy was out on bail after being charged with threatening this woman.
    [sarcasm] guess we need another AWB to prevent this [/sarcasm]

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Luzerne County)

I guess they thought he was only joking.

Now the anti's will question the existance of firearms again, instead of demanding judges get tough.

(Lancaster County)

I agree its fucked up, thats what it is, our justice system is screwed. If you watch the movie Law Abiding Citizen, there is a part where he goes off about this. They give some bullshit answer, and done. Like wtf is that?

(Berks County)

Well, you can chalk this up to the ineptitude of whatever ruling judge it was. I am not going to speculate, but I can imagine who it went before. I knew Sandy, as we both worked in the same store. The woman also worked in the department RIGHT next to the one I work at. She was experiencing problems from this guy who was from what I heard from many, a few cards shy of a full deck, but out of respect for her and her family I am not going to divulge any of this information.

All I can say is that she leaves behind a big family and a recently born grandson. I had just seen a spoken to her Thursday afternoon. The situation is very unfortunate and rather sad too. I have seen how the justice system works here in Schuylkill County and it is much to be desired. It's the good ole boy system to the letter and these PFA's are good for only one thing, wiping your ass.

Sandy was well liked, and we will all miss her.
    Last edited by Konsukah_19; October 24th, 2009 at 01:03 AM.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Luzerne County)

[url]
    A number of things.

1) Culture.
    Suicide/murder is something that has been popularized by hollywood/media and is looked at as a way to be "remembered"

2) Police typically do nothing/can't do anything about threats of violence unless they are recorded. My wifes ex tried to break through her door once, presumably to kill her... he didn't know I was there. Needless to say, that plan failed Anyway, when the police responded they said there was nothing they could do since he didn't hurt her Gee - thanks.

3) People think guns are something that only "bad people" need or carry and do not take the appropriate steps to defend themselves by arming themselves and obtaining training to effectively deploy arms in self defense.
    Again, a result of the media and hollywood stigma against the gun.

4) Economy
    Poor economic times raise ALL crime stats, including murder, suicide and domestic violence.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Chester County)

all we have to do is uninvent firearms....whos got a running delorian.....this will def be use by the anti's....i do feel sorry for the victim and her family though....why the $()%& did a judge release this guy, how do morons get put on the bench...i personaly know my D.J. and he would never let this as$&*() out on bail.

he was out on bail because he was not yet convicted of any crime. I prefer a system where people don't lose their freedom based on mere accusation, because sometimes (especially in domestic cases) those accusations are false.

The lesson here is that if someone wants to kill you and he doesn't care what happens to him afterwards, then no statute will stop him, no protective order will stop him, no "gun free" zone or bail conditions will stop him. What will maybe stop him is a bullet. Only force can stop force. That's why the President is surrounded by guys with guns. The Secret Service doesn't just issue restraining orders, or ask for enhanced penalties for successful assassins; instead, they are prepared 24/7 to instantly meet the threat of force with superior force of their own.

Seems to work for them. Too bad so many people view armed citizens as "paranoid".

It would be interesting to know how many of the 17,000 murder victims in the USA each year had advance notice that they were going to be killed on the day they died. My guess would be, not many. So if they preferred life to death, and they wanted a fighting chance, then they'd have to have some contingency plan for what they would do in the seconds before they died.

A woman who expects the system to take her fears seriously should have a game plan for when the abuser shows up at her home or workplace.

Relying on calling 911 is like playing tennis without a racquet, waiting until the ball is served before you call someone who has a racquet, so he can bring it to the tennis court in time to return the serve.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    he was out on bail because he was not yet convicted of any crime. I prefer a system where people don't lose their freedom based on mere accusation, because sometimes (especially in domestic cases) those accusations are false.

The lesson here is that if someone wants to kill you and he doesn't care what happens to him afterwards, then no statute will stop him, no protective order will stop him, no "gun free" zone or bail conditions will stop him. What will maybe stop him is a bullet. Only force can stop force. That's why the President is surrounded by guys with guns. The Secret Service doesn't just issue restraining orders, or ask for enhanced penalties for successful assassins; instead, they are prepared 24/7 to instantly meet the threat of force with superior force of their own.

Seems to work for them. Too bad so many people view armed citizens as "paranoid".

It would be interesting to know how many of the 17,000 murder victims in the USA each year had advance notice that they were going to be killed on the day they died. My guess would be, not many. So if they preferred life to death, and they wanted a fighting chance, then they'd have to have some contingency plan for what they would do in the seconds before they died.

A woman who expects the system to take her fears seriously should have a game plan for when the abuser shows up at her home or workplace.

Relying on calling 911 is like playing tennis without a racquet, waiting until the ball is served before you call someone who has a racquet, so he can bring it to the tennis court in time to return the serve.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

Murder/suicide is the new suicide. We can't expect a judge to get in the way of fashion, can we?

Makes me sick.