Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Sams Club OC encounter with security

I was at Sam's club today with my wife, my dad, and 2 of my daughters. We ordered food from the counter and proceeded to eat. I was about half done with my meal when "Jerry" from security asked to speak with me. So I stepped to the side. Jerry asked if I had a weapon on me. I was OCing my sigma SW40V in a blackhawk so the question was just redundant. I informed Jerry that I was indeed carrying a firearm. Jerry stated that Sam's club does not allow weapons on their property. I asked Jerry to please provide me with that policy in writing. Jerry agreed and left 3, (that's right 3!!!) other store employees standing around me while he went off to his office. Jerry returned approx 5 minues later stating that he couldn't get the policy becuase he was informed that the policy only pertained to store employees and not Sam's club members. Jerry stated that even though there was no policy, that the firearm was making people nervous and could I take it to the parking lot. I advised Jerry that I was already leaving as I was done eating anyway.

Looks like i'm going to have to find another store to buy my bulk Items. My question is does anyone know about the firearm policy at Costco?
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

Default Re: Sams Club OC encounter with security

Sams=Walmart so you need to call corporate...

(Allegheny County)

Idk why people get so nervous about a guy OC'ing, for all they know you could be a LEO. Also it's not the guy who's openly carrying a gun that you worry about, he's got nothing to hide, a guy who was really intending to do some damage would probably conceal his firearm or come storming to take shoppers by surprise. But it's the standard sheeple response I suppose.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon118 View Post
    I was at Sam's club today with my wife, my dad, and 2 of my daughters. We ordered food from the counter and proceeded to eat. I was about half done with my meal when "Jerry" from security asked to speak with me. So I stepped to the side. Jerry asked if I had a weapon on me. I was OCing my sigma SW40V in a blackhawk so the question was just redundant. I informed Jerry that I was indeed carrying a firearm. Jerry stated that Sam's club does not allow weapons on their property. I asked Jerry to please provide me with that policy in writing. Jerry agreed and left 3, (that's right 3!!!) other store employees standing around me while he went off to his office. Jerry returned approx 5 minues later stating that he couldn't get the policy becuase he was informed that the policy only pertained to store employees and not Sam's club members. Jerry stated that even though there was no policy, that the firearm was making people nervous and could I take it to the parking lot. I advised Jerry that I was already leaving as I was done eating anyway.

Looks like i'm going to have to find another store to buy my bulk Items. My question is does anyone know about the firearm policy at Costco?
    Did you tell him that the Anti-Gun customers make you nervous and they should have to leave too....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

Call corporate and have them straighten jerry out.
    No need to stop shopping there because of one ignorant power hungry security turd.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Montgomery County)

Sam's is in fact WalMart.
    Last edited by PA Traveler; October 22nd, 2009 at 08:19 PM.

So you pay to be a member to get 'supposed' better prices (and their prices really aren't that great) only to be told you, as a PAYING member, aren't welcome there because you are carrying a weapon?

Now I KNOW cancelling my membership was a good idea, fuck em and feed em fish heads .... there's other stores out there with better prices!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon118 View Post
    he was informed that the policy only pertained to store employees and not Sam's club members.
    Right there he tells you it is ok for Sam's club members to have firearms in their stores, so he had no reason to ask you to leave or to put your firearm in your car.

(Allegheny County)

Falcon, was this the Monreoville store or the Greensburg store?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast