Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Goldfinger

Default Goldfinger

Not this goldfinger :

So If anyone saw my thread this past summer about my pistol (xd9) getting stolen - you'd know I was out of a handgun for the last 5 months or so.

I was at my friends shop trying to track down a two tone taurus pt92 exclusive model...which didn't pan out. Then I saw one of these sitting on the "hold" shelf. He was holding it for another friend but it had been at least a month or so.

There was something about it that really "spoke" to me so to speak. He made me a really nice offer on it. I looked up some reviews (found some here lol) on charter arms pistols. and decided to pull the trigger.

So here is my first wheelgun.

Charter Arms Goldfinger - 38 Special (can take +p as well):

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Goldfinger

I love cheap guns. From what I hear these Charters are pretty decent. I'm looking to maybe get one in the future, too. Something I can throw around and not care about.

How much? If you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    I love cheap guns. From what I hear these Charters are pretty decent. I'm looking to maybe get one in the future, too. Something I can throw around and not care about.

How much? If you don't mind.
    Well I haven't named the dealer and it's clear that this was a "friend" price so I don't mind...$250 + tax/psp and he tossed in a free holster. Figured Id see if the holster works for me or not.

(Montgomery County)

Compact wheel guns are top notch in my book. That ammo looks like Federal premium hydra shoks... low recoil perhaps??? If so, that is one heck of a defense round... long live the .38
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Compact wheel guns are top notch in my book. That ammo looks like Federal premium hydra shoks... low recoil perhaps??? If so, that is one heck of a defense round... long live the .38
    spot-on on the ammo. The box was stupid silly to open - had 38's all over the room.

(York County)

I'm warming up to wheelguns and I found myself staring at yours for longer than normal.

I can't really figure out why though........nice find.

edit: thats quite a difference the lighting makes on the look of the finish.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    spot-on on the ammo. The box was stupid silly to open - had 38's all over the room.
    Lol, I pictured that like a hard to open bag on candies.... Poof!