Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Halloween Tactical/"3 Gun" Match - Scores on page 2!

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    Yeah the Charger would be a pretty bad choice! Just remember if you get a .22 pistol to get one with decent sights, since optics are NOT allowed on the pistols.

I just had another thought. The original rule was NO rimfire, centerfire only. The shoot director started to allow the use of .22 around the elections and the following months when ammo became so hard to find. There IS a chance that this rule will be put pack into effect.

Sooooo maybe think about a Ruger Mini 14 as a less expensive centerfire rifle?
    Thanks for the heads up on the possible rule change!!
    As much as I like the mini-14's (they fit me like a glove), the going price of $600-$800 keeps me away. I have yet to find a cheap "beater" since everyone seems to take good care of them!

I think I may start looking at the High Point carbines....even though their pistols are uglier than a melted cow patty, from everything I've read the carbines are pretty okay. I like the fact that I can also use Glock mags & 9mm ammo which I have a ton of & wouldn't have to start buying .223.

Thanks again!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Halloween Tactical/"3 Gun" Match - Scores on page 2!

To confirm what Dave said. If you want to shoot a .22lr, then you most shoot both rifle and pistol in .22lr.

As far as buying a Hi-Point carbine, it's a "you get what you pay for" rifle. They are fine for plinking but they are not a competition rifle. We've had a few at the shoots. Some have worked...some have not. I even saw the charging handle on the bolt fly off. Although that might have been a maintenance issue.

Anyway, if money is an issue, I would suggest a good .22 (Ruger MK 2/3) for cheap practice and shooting. When funds become available, then you can upgrade to what you want.

As far as an inexpensive centerfire rifle, the AK's are coming back down in price.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234