Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Adjust the session timeout?

Is there a way for an individual user to ajdust the timeout of their session?

I hate stepping away form the computer for 20 minutes and coming back with every thread marked as "read" and no more option to go to the first unread post. Or even worse, when I run out of the house on a fire call and don't get back for a couple hours.

Personally, I'd love for my read/unread thread status to carry over between sessions and never reset, but upping it to 4 or 6 hours from the ~20 minutes that it seems to be now would be nice.

Default Re: Adjust the session timeout?

Not that I'm aware of, but there is a way to get back (within a day) to where you left off.

When you perform a new post search, you should see something like this in your address bar:
    'http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php?searchid=1580323'
    When you perform another search after a session expiry, you should see the search.php? portion in the URL. Replace the search.php? with this:
    search.php?do=getdaily&days=x
    where x equals the number of days back that you wish to review posts.

This is what yields a two-day look back:Observe that the URL will change in the address bar, but you will have the posts you seek.

Note that the posts probably won't be bold text as before, because the system thinks you've already had an opportunity to read them. But, they are the posts in the same window of time.

Let us know if this helps.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html